Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski school expansion

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
New Generation is opening in Val now, having recently established themselves at Les Arcs from their 3 Valleys base...

This article on the IfYouSki site...

http://www.ifyouski.com/news/newsarticle/?ObjectID=7101515
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wonder if it'll work. If you keep employing more and more instructors sooner or later the standard starts to drop.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's my fear as well easiski. I've had a few lessons with New Gen when they were first established, both classes and privates. One of the things that really impressed me was that all the instructors would ski together at the end of the week to demonstrate various things to each other and to discuss their approach to skiing. The larger they get, and the more centres they establish, the more difficult that quality control will be. I really hope that they manage to make the transition from small to medium-sized without loosing what they have been very good at.

Regards

Rob
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why would that be the case, it doesn't follow that more instructors mean diminishing quality. If there are set standards that must be met. then the number of instructors is irrelevant.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would have thought that if anything it would actually improve the quality of tuition. Val d'Isere is a highly competitive environment in terms of ski schools, which means relatively high entry requirements in the first place. You can be sure that if a ski school can't cut it it's not going to last out the season as news travels fast.

rob@rar.org.uk, as a New Generation ISIA trainee I can assure you that team building and continual improvement are definitely still on the agenda - we're all going camping and waterskiing this weekend!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tigger, I'm really pleased to hear that. New Gen is the ski school that I recommend the most, and I've benefitted a great deal from several lessons with Warren Hogben (when he was an independent instructor as well as when he helped establish New Gen).

David@traxvax, while I agree with you in theory, in practice I think it is difficult for any small organisation which prides itself on the highest quality (not just 'high') to scale up their operation and maintain that standard. If there were that many great ski instructors around ESF would offer a consistently high quality service!

Regards

Rob
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I agree, it would appear that the ESF standards depend on location. I'm certainly a fan of the ESF in La Rosiere, where the equipe work hard to deliver cosistently high standards. However so to, do Evolution 2 and the ESI, but it seems to me that it's always the ESF that get knocked about quality and consistency, which I'm not sure is justified. In our village I'm certain that the ESF deliver as good, if not better service, than their competitors. When I want to ski off-piste or go heli-skiing our local ESF is my first choice.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David@traxvax, sadly my girlfriend and I have been on the receiving end of a poor ESF experience on too many occasions to want to risk it any more. For several years we have chosen the resorts we ski in on the basis of ski school quality rather than other criteria. If I felt I could rely on ESF I'm sure I would have skied in a much wider range of areas. As it is we mainly been to Courchevel, Tignes and Val d'Isere because I felt confident that we'd get first class instruction.

Regards

Rob
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy