Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PANIC !!!! are the dover ferries stopped due to bad weather???

Poster: A snowHead
just heard that lorries starting to be backed up on the a20 due to ferry problems on channel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/public/ferry.shtml "Delays between Dover and Calais due to adverse weather conditions. Last updated: 12th January 2007 at 13:32"

My ferry is at 2200 - permission to panic now captain mainwaring!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 12-01-07 15:38; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
P&O website say's they are running to schedule Puzzled
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kezzy1966, earlier today the problem was industrial action at the French Tunnel depot. Yesterday it was bad weather affecting the ferries but not sure if it still applies.
Beware however that if Operation Stack is still in operation when you arrive you will need to allow probably an extra hour to your journey time.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kezzy1966,

Just had a look out of the office window and the channel is getting choppy...but that would be nothing to the large ferries.
I can see ships coming through the gates so they are still running.

The only delay would be the backlog on the M20 due to industrial action on the French side of the tunnel, see the
Port of Dover - Tunnel thread. In fact I'll bump it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is it raining too hard now a days? I planning take ferry to France to meet my friends. Any personal experiences of any ferry delays. Pls let me know, I'll plan according to that and hold back to a later time my trip.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 8-07-09 8:33; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Yesterday it was bad weather affecting the ferries but not sure if it still applies.

Was it? I'm surprised Crossed on speedferries yesterday from Boulogne to Dover. The Channel was choppy, would have been slightly hard work in a yacht, but nothing remarkable even for a fast cat, let alone a conventional ferry.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, the thread is from January 2007
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx, Embarassed
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Straight spam post by ashleygerrald - but to be fair, an interesting one.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
achilles

well I don't see much of interest there but from the looks of this :-

Quote:

I'll plan according to that and hold back to a later time my trip.

he must have been visiting www.yodaspeak.co.uk Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yoda, you made me click on it and I had been the urge resisting Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yoda,hmm the link in the OP now has an error 404 - couldn't be that some naughty mod has changed it? IIRC it was about the Dunkirk ferry - and as I had thought that link to the Continent had been shut for good, I thought it interesting that it was running again - makes for another option.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx, The path of madness, that way is. Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
achilles, still works for me? Having regard to his unusual use of English, perhaps it is not M. Gerrald's native tongue. In which case he may not appreciate the subtleties of spam, poor sap rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
achilles,

All their ships go to Dunkerque, to Calais it is P&O and Sea France.
snow conditions
Norfolk Line have been running passenger ferries to Dunkerque for quite a few years now.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, Since getting the van I've been going back to Norfolk Lines again as they are cheaper than Speedferries et al for the larger vehicle. Another hour on the boat though, and I preferred the configuration of their old boats compared to the new ones. Be warned though, if you go Dunkerque for the first time - it is the back of beyond and nothing there apart from the port. Shocked
ski holidays
easiski, we had a nice walk along the dunes last time we were in Dunkerque it was quite pleasant.
latest report
First time I came back via Dunkerque was on a motorcycle trip back in about 1978. We were sure we followed the signs but we ended up in an oil storage terminal in Gravelines rolling eyes
snow report
Yoda, sorry, I had drifted back to the first post, by kezzy1966, in this thread - where there is a colon at the end of the link causing the 404. The other link is working fine, as you say.
ski holidays
achilles, ah, I thought you were talking about ashleygerrald's link, didn't see the "OP" in your post at maltcon3 Embarassed afaik no-one here has been messing with the original, but the OP edited it twice back in January 07 wink I have removed the colon now, but I see that the beeb themselves updated the page today wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy