Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I'm getting ski boots in the morning.....

Poster: A snowHead
I'm getting ski boots in the morning
Flip, snap the catches they will go
I've got the info
from Snowheads, they are brill-o
So get me to the shop on time

(I'm sure you all know the tune)

Excited......? Me?

Yup, I'm all ready to go. I sorted out the cash this morning and I'm off out while DH takes the kids to their French lesson in the morning (Saturday) to go and get a pair (I shall be most p****d off if I can't find a pair to fit). Isn't it great, my first pair of ski boots...I won't want to take them off. You do realise this all the influence of you snowHead 's, I would never have considered it if I hadn't logged on here. I shall let you know how I get on tomorrow.

YIPPEE!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think someone's excited Madeye-Smiley

Have a great time tomorrow buying your boots - and don't forget its obligatory to wear them every evening round the house - and to take a photo of them to show us snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My advice, having bought a pair or three in the past is to go somewhere with a top boot fitter. The only place in the SE which gets the thumbs up on here is Profeet in London. I've been there to have boots bought elsewhere fitted and they impressed (whether they did a good job or not remains to seen). Nipping in to your local ski shop or S&R might not be the best use of your hard earned.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Megamum, this has been troubling me for a while - what does DH stand for? I know SO, OL, SWMBO, OH.

Anyway, enjoy your new boots. I understand that ironing in new boots is the fashion to get acclimatised, so if you need any creased shirts sent across, just send me a pm wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ray Zorro, I've often wondered what OL is - I think Laundryman uses it?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DH - Darling/Dearsest Husband. OL - I'm guessing Ole' Lady!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cathy, I think it is a term that richmond uses.

Megamum, ahhh, you were being nice about him, that makes sense, thankyou.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I always though Old Lush.....

DH is very sweet Little Angel
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cathy, it's me, and OL does indeed=old lady. A courtesy title, you understand.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
richmond, ah - obviously a term of affection. Better than Old Lush though Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As this thread has reffered to phrases and abbreviations, what does IMO, SWMBO, OH actually mean Puzzled I think there should be a page dedicated to abbreviations, you never would have guessed im turning 21 tommorrow!! Shocked Embarassed
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Liam,

IM(H)O = In my (humble) opinion,
SWMBO = She who must be obeyed
SO = Significant other
OH = Other half

You are right, an abbreviation page would be helpful Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TB = The Boss
TC = The Conscience

as in "I've got to go now, TC is calling to me"
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cathy wrote:
richmond, ah - obviously a term of affection. Better than Old Lush though Toofy Grin

You obviously know her.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
EI = 'er indoors
ski holidays
A couple more ive just seen; AFIK, OTOH?

Oh yeah and WTF, but i just about get that one
Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
On The Other Hand

I'm guessing the other one is a typo for As Far As I Know

What The Flip Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
FenlandSkier, I thought it was " Whats the Forecast" Laughing Laughing Laughing.................honestly NOT
snow conditions
IIRC- If I Recall Correctly is another it took me a while to figure out Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy