Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Men's Super combined cancelled Wengen

Poster: A snowHead
REal shame, and I had a day off and was really looking forward to lounging in bed watching this on TV. Bummer! Bl**dy football in it's place - bah!!!!!! Twisted Evil they're still hoping to run both the downhill and the slalom at the weekend though. Wengen village is very low, and the finish of both races is below the level of the village (Inner Wengen). I don't know the altitude, but it's very low.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski, The downhill is still on for saturday but there is very little chance that the slalom can be held on sunday Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you have Sky?

There should be the Winter X-Games on at some point in the day on EuroSport or E.S. 2. (Probably old competition stuff and probably boarders rather than skiiers, but it's all good!)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
LARGEZOOKEEPER wrote:
easiski, The downhill is still on for saturday but there is very little chance that the slalom can be held on sunday Sad

really? I heard it's off unless the conditions improve here. It's not a snow problem as the pistes are all ready to go, it's a weather thing.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stab, According to the Eurosport website this morning they're expecting a cold night tonight and are hoping to hold the downhill tomorrow. Slalom is deffo dodgy due to lack of actual snow, but they didn't then say it was cancelled. However LARGEZOOKEEPER, seems to have the inside line on these things.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
whatever race should have run this morning was cancelled because of the wind is what I heard from the organisers.
I'm surprised they are saying slalom is dodgy because of the snow, I just saw the military building the start ramp. And yesterday I went up the innerwengen ski lift and it looked ok to me, but then I haven't got to risk my life on it. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab, Interesting, because the Eurosport website quoted rain as the reason for cancelling (Downhill part of super combined). Can you get any real inside info from the race office?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ah it was raining this morning as well, didn't remember that. my missus rode up on the 1st train with all the staff this morning (6:49) and at that time it was the wind that stopped it. Possible they included the rain with it but it was really windy this morning. wasn't raining so bad at 9 when she told me it was off today.

Info from the race office? I doubt it, I am known as the anti-ski around here Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
wengen's website says wind.
http://www.wengen.com/news.html
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Eurosport reckon that they might run a combined on Sunday
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I do hope so - I love the combined comps - often throw up odd results, and you always feel that peeps not in the top 30 have more of a chance. Makes for really good viewing. Very Happy Very Happy

stab, Why - are you a boarder? At any rate, it's really good to have news from the ground. thanks. Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
yeah boarder. Very Happy

It could be on tomorrow, clearish sky tonight and pretty cold.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Rats Evil or Very Mad I recorded the football. I HATE football! rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
maggi, me too (I don't hate football, it's just not what I set the video for)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I shall take an educated guess, last night was cold and clear, this morning is blue sky and there are people on the track painting the blue lines down it. I would say it's on.
snow report
stab, great

maggi, Absolutely - I go out to work, spend all day looking forward to watching the ski racing when I get home, and find I've recorded 4 hours of football - yuk -yuk yuk!! Very Happy
snow report
The teams have arrived on kleine scheidegg to go up to the lauberhorn.
latest report
stab, Oooh - how exciting! Video set ... many happy memories of stamping the course before the days of piste machines. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
the old suisee patroille doing the do.

10 minutes to go then I can go boarding, far too many people around at the moment.
snow report
I love watching the fly by before the race....it's one of the most spectacular things I've ever seen.....getting so close to the mountains at that sort of speed Shocked
snow conditions
well it sure beats watching the race that's for sure Very Happy
latest report
This time last year I was in the gold vip area up at Wengenalp, great views and free food and drink whilst I watched the racers on the top 1/3 rd of the course
snow conditions
I've not been for a couple of years...

The best year froma race point of view was the year when I broke my wrist three days before the race. I took my camera up on final training day, and dodged through the netting below the hundskopf (stood next to one of the race marshalls) Got some great pics snowHead
ski holidays
forgive my ignorance but will we be able to ski that run in March or is it specifically for the Downhill ?
snow conditions
Smokin Joe, once the downhill has been run the netting is removed and all and sundry can ski the route, as for weather or not you will be able to do so in March, that I'm afraid will be decided by how much snow there is on the mountain, assuming there's enough snow there will be no reason for you not to be able to ski the race course
snow report
Thanks D G Orf, I just reckon I'll probably be able to beat Bode's time. Anyone got a decent stopwatch ??? Laughing Laughing Shocked rolling eyes
snow report
Smokin Joe wrote:
Thanks D G Orf, I just reckon I'll probably be able to beat Bode's time. Anyone got a decent stopwatch ??? Laughing Laughing Shocked rolling eyes

No but i have a calendar thats split into hours NehNeh
ski holidays
stewart woodward, days maybe better !!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
On the straight section just before the finish, they usually have a speed gun set up. It's possible to get to around 50 MPH without really trying!!
latest report
And about 20 or so seconds before the finish, they were hitting 145 kmh Shocked

The Super Combined looks as though it will be held tomorrow.
ski holidays
Elizabeth B, I'll let you demonstrate
ski holidays
Smokin Joe, okay. I have a photo somewhere of me stood next to the display.....if I cn find it, I'll post it.
snow conditions
Elizabeth B wrote:
I love watching the fly by before the race....it's one of the most spectacular things I've ever seen.....getting so close to the mountains at that sort of speed Shocked

The Red Arrows get closer http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lincolnshire/6256827.stm Shocked
ski holidays

Sorry...you'll have to click on it to read the speed (in Km/h)
snow report
The best bt of the flyover is when they fly vertically up the north face of the Eiger
ski holidays
Elizabeth B, I managed to beat your speed but only by 16kph or so Shocked I would have liked to beat the 100kph mark, but it was not to be Sad
snow report
Elizabeth B, I've beat that on my board, by 2km/h Very Happy
snow conditions
I was in Wengen at this time of year in 1993; the downhill was cancelled through lack of snow! I don't know whether conditions are better this year, or if the snow making technolgy has improved.
snow conditions
nah, the only thing that has improved is the ability to restrict normal people going down the track.

Town looks like a war zone at the moment, it's the last place I'm going tonight.
snow report
Elizabeth B wrote:
The best bt of the flyover is when they fly vertically up the north face of the Eiger

It is a stunning backdrop for an air display, watched from the start hut in 2005, unbelievable display, quite strange to be above them at times, esp. when they climb up from doing a loop over the village.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy