Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Get to Avoriaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are off to Les Gets on the 20. January and looking at the forcasts, snow may well be thin on the ground. Over the last couple of weeks of watching webcams, I have been looking at the slopes turn green and the number open go down to single figures.

Obviously we want to try and get some skiing in while we are there. There seems to be snow at Avoriaz so may head over there if possible. Does anyone know if there are connecting ski buses between the two resorts?

We will have a small car with us, but that was only intended for the beer run into town and it wont fit nine of us in with our skis.

Any other suggestions welcome...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I posted a similar question yesterday - options without a car look very limited, unless the resorts lay on extra buses. There is apparently an infrequent bus between Les Gets and Morzine, and then definitely a bus out to the Prodains cable car from there.

The advice I was given - and it seems sensible - is to make sure you have your own transport and then drive out to Ardent (past Lac du Montriond) where you can pick up a telecabine straight into the Avoraiz area.

Good luck - I'm supposed to be heading out on the 18th but I must admit I'm considering cancelling.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Here you go -

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22741
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm pretty certain there's a bus link to les Prodains cablecar just outside Morzine, then it's just a 3 minutes ride up to Avoriaz, you can also use the chairlift from across the road but it's old, creaky and takes ages. Avoriaz is a great place, was there on boxing day, had more snow than all the other resorts I went to during xmas week, so you should be fine. Hope you get fresh snow though.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got bus from Prodains to Morzine, Ardent to Morzine, and Morzine to Les Gets before, but never the complete route between Les Gets and one of the Avoriaz access points. *If* the Les Gets bus goes to "Mairie" (and not just Office du Tourisme), then I *think* it is 1 change for a bus to Prodains or Ardent. If it goes to Office du Tourisme, then 1 change for bus to Prodains, or walk to Super Morzine (which claims to be open).

Car would be prefereble. In which case Ardent Telecabine has reasonable carpark, and easy access. 15min or so drive.

I will be staying at Chalet Tressud in Les Gets that week, so will have the same problem! Hopefully I can blag a few minibus rides c/o chalet staff, but happy to get bus also.

Disclaimer: that's my interpretation of the map/timetable linked in the other thread, and my 3 bus rides where I just hopped on with people who knew where they were going, so I wasn't paying complete attention to the route.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When last we were in Les Gets (which is some years ago) we took the bus to Morzine...no ski boots allowed on board so need to take your boot bag. Got the free navette from Morzine round to Prodains. Wasn't too difficult to do and the bus timings were fairly easy to work out. If you've got your own transport then it would be much easier.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy