Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK Ski coach holidays?

Poster: A snowHead
hi,

I'm trying to find and book a weeks skiing holiday in the alps, however, we want to travel by coach not air. Can you please help me and list some travel companies who provide package coach skiing hoildays!?

at the moment I can only find Snowcoach.co.uk but there must surely be more out there, i would have thought these kind of hoildays are popular as they are cheaper and provide easier solutions.

Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi mikee_j, welcome to snowHeads!

www.oakhall.co.uk also do coach holidays. (I'm sure there'll be other suggestions along soon)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mikee_j, welcome to snowHead

ski olympic do coach holidays too. I think tops travel used to as well?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
mikee_j, www.skiweekends.com do both fullweek and weekend trips to the 3 valleys.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for the very warm welcome and thanks for some great suggestions! Keep them coming
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
mikee_j, just a thought, but are you only considering coach and not train? The snowtrain is very popular with people on this site.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mikee_j, Welcome to snowheads. As nbt, says www.skiolympic.co.uk do a coach option that gets you almost 8 full days in resort at 10-15% less money. I really rate this company.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
frosty, there will be about 6 people in our group going and the general feeling is that we only want to take 5 days of for the holiday so a trip leaving saturday and returning Sunday would be ideal.

Ray, I haven't considered the train. Is there a website which could provide some more information?

Ideally we want to go to Meribel as I know some guys doing the season there, but anywhere in the 3 valleys would be excellent!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mikee_j, Ski Olympic do Sunday changeovers so you would need 6 days off Crying or Very sad
Sunday is a much quieter changeover day though Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mikee_j, there is a lot of stuff on this site about the train, and I hope that someone will come along and link you to it (or tell you), but I am not so up on it myself.

These are Meribel based http://www.skimeribel.co.uk/
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mikee_j, most of the ones that say that they leave Friday, mean the evening as they travel overnight. You wouldn't lose that day off work (unless you live a long way from the SE)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimeribel seeems to be the best value from what i've seen so far. £400 odd for travel, accomodation and 6 day lift pass.

personally, I could easily take an extra day or 2 off work but some of the others may not be able to be as flexible.

really appreciate the advice! Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
went to andorra with these years ago where pretty good
http://www.snowcoach.co.uk/
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm off to Val Thorens in March with skimeribel (see Ray Zorro's post above). I've never used them before but they seem very helpful and friendly people at the shows and on the phone. Their coach doesn't actually go to Val T' but it stops in Moutiers so I'll get off there and use public transport to get to Val T'.
Their schedule means you get to the resort around 10:00 on Saturday and leave again later on the next saturday.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I support Frosty the Snowman; we did coach twice with Ski Olympic and found them excellent. Done Snowcoach too, and again no complaints at all. Some people moan about sitting on a bus but then some people moan about everything, and lots of people pay much more to sit on cramped charter flights to go to Colorado or Whistler! I think you'll find the train a lot more expensive than coach and unless you do the sleeper it's still quite a lot of sitting.
ski holidays
mikee_j, Have a look at the Eurostar website (www.eurostar.com) There are direct services from Waterloo to "Moutiers/Salins/Brides" which is ideal for going to the 3V and the train goes on to Bourg ST Maurice for Les Arcs, Le Plagne and Val d'Isere / Tignes. They go most weekends through the winter.

Welcome to Snowheads too!
ski holidays
Try: www.soundskis.co.uk snowHead
ski holidays
Try here.
snow conditions
Thanks again for the replies. I think we will give the train a miss as we want a deal where we get as much thrown in as possible, i.e. travel, accomodation and ski passes.

Anymore sugestions for ski coach services?

Skimeribel looks the most promising
snow conditions
mikee_j, a few years ago I went with by coach TJM Direct to Tignes Les Breviere and had a fantastic time. They're not called TJM any more, but now known as "Cheap Winter Sports" and "Hucksters Lodge" web sites http://www.cheapwintersports.com/ and http://www.hucksterslodge.com/
I would definitely use them again, and am thinking about booking something at the moment. I certainly couldn't find better value for money when I went to Tignes. And it was a good laugh too.
ski holidays
We're going by coach to Davos with 'Ski The Edge' - nothing to do with the ski club, but run by Peter Edge.
latest report
mikee_j we have used skimeribel in the past and they were fine
snow conditions
mikee_j, Check out Interski. They mainly do school groups, but also have an adults and families section - using different hotels to the schools.

Breakfast at a French M/way services going, on the ferry coming back and meal vouchers on the slopes are all included in the price - along with hire and instruction if needed. Can't go wrong!
We've used them for a school trip - and many times individually. They go to Aosta Valley in Italy - Courmayeur, Pila (staying in Aosta) and La Thuille.

Hope you sort something out.

CD.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy