Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs + Espace Killy 6-9th jan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Great days of ski!!! Despite the news in Spain claiming for the lack of snow in the Alps (I understand that they said it because the resorts in Pyrenees are frightened for the cancellation avalanch if the people know that the Alps have enough snow, and the Pyrenees ski resorts pay a lot for publicity, so...) With other skier with the same degree of "snow-illness" decide in the last moment go to Savoie (we booked the appartment the same morning...).

The firts day we skied at LES ARCS. Some pics:

Nice tree-skiing...Laughing

From the Aguille Rouge:

Toward the BIG:

Scary steepness (the Aguille Rouge slopes were very windy, not skiable except the run that covers the edge

Down Villaroger, "playing" under the chair Cool Cool

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 11-01-07 0:22; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sunday in the Espace Killy, great day, we ski from Val Claret towards Pissaillas, doing some nice off-piste from Solaise to Le Laisinant, more in Vallon de l'Iseran and some laps in the couloirs in Pissaillas, and after these ones, the backside of the Cugnai chair down to the valley, that by a path reach the Manchet chair.

More pics:

From Bellevarde towards Manchet expres and Solaise sector:

zoom:

Clowds and sun festival in Pissaillas...

Great day, another time, no snow in the Alps....

Cugnai chair backside:

a little scheme of the descent:
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Monday: Cloudy day, poor visibility, snowing....not a nice day to discover new routes, so we skied the marked runs, really nice to enjoy OK, and the face thinking how is possible to do these runs without any turn and in 2 minutes...... Every time that I did a World Cup run I think that it's not possible!!!!! In TV seems easy rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

Some pics from the Face:

And finally, Tuesday.....20-25cm of snow overnight, so powder day (a little havey but nice) on Tuesday!!! In these days we don't have friends and we only think in ski....sorry no photos.......

Nice straight lines under tichot chair....nice jumps in some rocks...and nice laps in the Double M (We opened it!!, and did some deep offpiste just under the chair at the top)..

We stopped at 13h after 4 hard hours, and then....come to Catalunya, but before, the last pics that corroborate the lack of snow in the Alps claimed by some people.... Razz NehNeh

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AlTom, nice pictures! Shame about the poor conditions in the Alps wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
the last pics that corroborate the lack of snow in the Alps claimed by some people.... Razz NehNeh

Very Happy Very Happy

Great pics sounds like you had a really good time.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AlTom, I'm thrilled to see your pics, we're off to Peisey for Saturday,
Quote:

Shame about the poor conditions in the Alps
if I was called NorthFace or Lisach i'd be cancelling because its so crap!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
man im so jealous i wont get to ski till xmas

im gonna go cry Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The snow report thread of Tignes and Les 2 Alpes were claiming since early december decent skiing conditions, and after new year week dump, they're saying GREAT conditions, so I think the photos are in the same line and show it. We had great skiing days, so all of you that have a booking in the "correct" resorts (the stations lower than 1400-1500m have thin cover there) without doubt that will have enough snow!!!

The REAL problem are The Pyrenees! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad so thinking in the next trip to the Alps.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy