Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New skills or abandoning old bad habits?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was always under the assumption that I'd have to "unlearn" old bad habits in order to clean up my carve, and learn new good habits. After some profound instruction, I've realized that I can learn to clean house by adding some new tricks that alter my old bad habits and make them a good technique.
I feel like a put a new face on my old skiing
Very Happy
How do you do it?
Do you sweep out the old, or just adapt to make it new
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SnowHot, bit of both. It would be dull to merely work on elimination of bad habits.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think the transition is tosh... just watch good people ski a new ski and copy it, it isn't hard and would be much harder to learn old school. On the newer skis you just stand on them.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SnowHot, I do both. Getting rid of bad habits is much easier with external help. Learning new, as JT, suggests can simply come from observation and copying. Although not always wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Is what I'd like to do snowHead

Hanging on to the old, ignoring the new, seems to be what actually happens Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SnowHot wrote:

Its called developing your skiing. snowHead

Always try and improve, learn new techniques and 'expand your envelope' NehNeh NehNeh
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I try not to think too much about my old bad habits and try to concentrate on developing new ones Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As I said, I was somewhat surprised to find that I could pick up a few new tricks to make my old habits seem like shiny new skills.

I'm amazed at how easily I could get my body forward with simple changes.

Fewer cob webs in the corners of my ski skills today than a few weeks ago, and hopefully fewer yet in the future. wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FenlandSkier, I'm not sure I want to hear about your old habits, or your new ones for that matter wink Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SnowHot wrote:
Fewer cob webs in the corners

You must have changed out of your Spyder jacket. wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
laundryman, out of the spyder and benefiting from my SOS wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
FenlandSkier, are you trying to develop new bad habits???????????? What's wrong with the old ones???????????? NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh

SnowHot, Some things you do have to unlearn - skiing with your legs glued together is one - but you might never have suffered from being taught that!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, the thing I suffered the most is "muscling" through my movements. In fact, I have always had the tendancy to use my leg strength to pull myself out of bad moments too.

At esa:
I learned a lot about finesse and some tricks to use in a defensive mode when I find myseld getting into a sticky situation.
The added finnesse and permission I've given myself to use defensive movements when needed, have brought out a whole new skier in me, and yet it seemed to gel nicely with my existing skill instead of shaking them off.

I hope I made sense, I am not good with my words Embarassed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy