Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Knee Pad Recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the subject suggests.... my knees always seem to buy it, and when it's icy that's not good!

All suggestions welcomed (except "try not to fall over!" snowHead)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AFAIK there is only one option here: Dainese. Hard enough on the outside to protect from rocks and ice, but soft enough inside for kneeling and minor slams.

Try not to fall over? You're not trying hard enough if you're not falling over! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Try not to fall over? You're not trying hard enough if you're not falling over!

snowHead

I was thinking more along the lines of these or these.

Any comments?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have some cheap "Rollerblade" ones which are excellent. My mate has Dainese, which he has to keep adjusting, as they move round so much.

I would go for something with a hard outer shell.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Never used any, but a pal of many years boarding reckon soft pads are better as hard ones cause the knees in your kex to wear out.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Must admit never had much problem knocking my kness up (about the only thing.........). Talking out the top of my hat from when I used to skateboard, and as others have alluded to, hard pads don't seem to want to stop where you put them, though it's not to say you won't find a pair that won't. The only thing I've had any joy with was a knee support (don't ask why) that had like a padded donought on the front. That stayed put and provided a fair degree of cushioning, despite it not being its primary function.

I'd choose soft.

John.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Def soft pads, you don't need the hard outer if they are going under your trousers. I can personally vouch for these:

http://www.bargainboards.co.uk/P/Rucanor-Super-Smash-Knee-or-Elbow-Pads(666).aspx
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've got hard pads for telemarking - your knees get very close to the ground whilst turning - so protection from rocks or ice is required.

I think you'd be OK with soft pads for snowboarding however - you'll probably find that knee pads sold in builder's merchants or garden centres will do the job for much less money - and as the go under your outer layer - whose to know ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have used 2 types - the sort with 2 straps to keep them in place - crap - move around too much and end up with painful marks on your legs.
I now use some that are an elasticated tube, with lots of soft padding on the front, with cut out bits that make bending easier - sorry thats the best description - but more like your second version.
Prefer them - although may not offer as much impact protection as hard shell ones - definitely comfier for a whole day of riding...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cool. Thanks for all the advice.

I went with the soft, tube like, pads. They certainly seem like they'll save my knees from the early morning ice of Spring boarding snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy