Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl good for early intermediate?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was planning on heading out to Saalbach first week in Feb, but from looking at the snow reports it looks like Ischgl would be a better option.

Ischgl sounds great in lots of ways, but the "Reuters guide - Where to Ski & Snowboard 2005?) seemed to say there's not a lot their to appeal to "early intermediates"....where as the slopes at Saalbach may be a bit more forgiving.

Would anybody recommend Ischgl for a couple of boarders just moving on from Nursery slopes!

Thanks

ps - What’s it like for the charm factor, the other half is in love with Austrian resorts and mountain restaurants.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gavin, I think it would be suitable. The only thing to avoid is the last runs of the day down to the resort as they can get a bit hectic and icy. But no problem to go down in the gondola. However, this is said from the point of view of a skier Little Angel Also, I haven't been to Saalbach so can't compare the two.

It has mainly chairlifts once you're up on the mountain - easy to avoid the odd T-Bar and drag lift if you want to. Most of the runs are wide blues/reds which, even over Christmas week, weren't crowded. There were a few snowHeads out there over Christmas so hopefully you may get a few more opinions. I thought it was a charming place - it's pretty lively as well.
Can't give you any information about tuition unfortunately
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gavin, what samharris said. Lots of blues and reds with chairlifts between them, but don't do the reds back into town at the end of the day unless there's lots of fresh deep snow. They're quite kamikaze - especially at Christmas when they were very icy. Good fun to watch from the Eisbar at the bottom though Very Happy

The town is very pretty and very Austrian charming with some lovely architecture and some wicked apres ski. The Golden Eagle does the most excellent mojitos Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
samharris wrote:
Gavin, I think it would be suitable. The only thing to avoid is the last runs of the day down to the resort as they can get a bit hectic and icy. But no problem to go down in the gondola. However, this is said from the point of view of a skier Little Angel Also, I haven't been to Saalbach so can't compare the two.

It has mainly chairlifts once you're up on the mountain - easy to avoid the odd T-Bar and drag lift if you want to.

Are there any Ts or drags? I don't recall seeing any when I went there last year. The lift system is excellent with some of the easiest exits you'll find anywhere.

Anyway if all else fails, it's worth going to Ischgl for the week, just for the Apres. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lager, yes there are but, as I said, easy to avoid. In fact, so easy to avoid that you didn't even notice them wink I could go and find a piste map and tell you what numbers they are but I'd rather not have to Little Angel
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
samharris wrote:
Lager, yes there are but, as I said, easy to avoid. In fact, so easy to avoid that you didn't even notice them wink I could go and find a piste map and tell you what numbers they are but I'd rather not have to Little Angel

So there are (I checked on ischgl.com). Observation obviously not one of my strong points. Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone for the feedback, Ischgl wins it then. Just one problem, not flights! And I thought people would be holding off booking until the snow turned up!

Cheers again
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy