Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Don't forget us in the midlands!

Poster: A snowHead
Whilst reading a thread re. SCGB titled London-centric, in which the content is of some people's opinions on the SC's attitude to those outside of the home counties.
Well I would like to point out that there are some of us in the midlands for whom Milton Keynes and Castleford are not viable options for meeting up with others. So come on snowheads how about a meet at the Tamworth Snowdome "the UK's premier real snow centre"
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What you need to do, Chris, is start a thread entitled "snowHeads trip to Tamworth"! or, if you edit your post then you can change the title of this one! You'll have the punters flocking in...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm in Chris. When do you want to go?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
How about a midweek? It should be pretty quiet there at present...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Bish,

Sorry Chris but I can't do midweek & I think you'd find it hard to get a good size group midweek. The Sat sessions at Castleford & MK seemed to be the best for everyone, although Suns are good for me also.

Are you going to change the title of your thread as Ian suggested?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Downey, i'm curious but how is Milton Keynes not convienient for the midlands folk? Is it not in the Midlands?

some of us travelled up from the South Coast to go to one of the latest Milton Keynes............ NehNeh
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dan, I live in worcestershire (south west mids) and it takea me 1hr to get to Tamworth. I have an Uncle who lives near toddington and it takes 2 - 2 & half hours to get there. For me 5 hours driving isn't worth the reward, i.e 3 turns and your at the bottom! 2 hours travelling is just about acceptable.

I am impressed with your dedication to the cause al the same!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chris Downey,

I reckon it's time to move house! Little Angel
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris;not to far away from you and a regular at Tamworth.Should be there this coming Sat am.Anyone else up for a short notice meet?Chance to embarrass yourself in front of a snowHead instead of just the wife and/or kids Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowskisnow,

Might be able to make it. What time are you going to be there?

I was thinking of a trip to Tamworth as I've never been there before & I believe that there's a BOGOF offer on during Aug. Two hours for £22 apparently. I've a pal who's an instructor there who I'd like to meet up with as well.

What's the lift matting like there as I've heard rumours that it might not be too kind on my skis?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spyderjon-my two whippets are booked into Junior Club-10.00 to 12.00;so will be there approx 9.30.Can confirm there is a BOGOF offer on at present(till end of Aug). I will be on slope same time as kids.I have a stack of "friend" vouchers so you pay member price of £15.40 + 1hr free(But you must see me 1st to fill in voucher).If you,or anyone else ,can make it I suggest we meet in reception area at 9.30.Will be busy,any suggestions on an ID Puzzled Would advise you to use domes ski's;bring your own boots and poles.Its not the matting thats a problem;its rogue skiers and boarders Twisted Evil Plus the fact that,at times,the surface can get a bit rough.Their skis are a bit tame(Mostly Solamon verse)but if you push them you can get a bit of life into them? The mountain its not rolling eyes but its about as good as it gets.Better/worse than MK? You be the judge.Both are boring after a bit;at least Tam has a bend in it!!Its also good,at times,for a practice scudding over the ice patches Confused Let me know if you can make it.We could make it the smallist SH meet up to date!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PS-as I said above,I have loads of "friend" vouchers.Avaliable to anyone else that can make it this Sat.Two hours for £15.40;bargain.You can express your gratitude in the bar apri;mine's a G & T Wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowskisnow,

Thanks for the offer. It would be great if Deb & I could take advantage of two of your vouchers - I suppose that will be a double then!

We'll be in reception at 9.30, give or take a bit for traffic etc.

Re ID. We're an easy to spot couple. One mid forties, overweight/greying & the other a lovely blonde - you'll soon figure out which one's which. Or you could see Fox's recently posted pic of me on the MK 7th Aug trip thread.

Look forward to seeing you on Sat.

Now, that's three. Who else is going to come?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon

No problem.As you go thru the doors at Tam,you will see entrance to Ellis Brigham shop on your right.I,along with wife & 2 kids,will be there at 9.30 give or take.Easy to spot;I'll be the one looking confused,wondering why on earth I brought the kids Puzzled

Anyone else up for this.I have the vouchers,you just have to get there.

Where's Chris Downey.Does he know his thread has been hijacked Wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'd like to go, but I'm on a stag day. snowHead
ski holidays
Hi. I just want to introduce myself to fellow midlands snowheads. Just joined and I obiviously love the white stuff. Hopefully meet some of you soon. Little Angel
latest report
digeler, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
digeler,

Hi there. I presume your first name is Dirk. Thought you were great in Boogie Nights Little Angel
snow conditions
spyderjon

If my math's is still on the mark,that makes you,Deb and me.
At least we can surround my kids,there's only 2 of them coming Puzzled
Now,if my eldest decides to come Sad (best not tell her methinks)
snow report
My 'real identity' is David. A bit of background: I was a qualified ski instructor but lost it due to the lack of any snow in the UK and other commitments. Been skiing since I was about 7. You'll be pleased to hear I still fall over a lot, it was never very good for the ski instructor image!!! Most embarrising thing that's happened to me was when my dad asked who Dirk Digeler was, explaining that one was a little difficult!!! Shocked
snow conditions
Have a good time, guys. I'm going to a family party tonight so the only place I'll want to be at 9.30 on Saturday morning is still in bed! (Hopefully, without a headache....)
snow report
maggi,

After seeing you down the lager & white wine at the MK trip the other week I think you'd better get some pain killers in Toofy Grin
latest report
Steady, Spyder, you'll be getting me a reputation NehNeh
snow report
I'm here guys. I'm in manchester this weekend, which is really annoying. Can do most other weekends. Gutted
ski holidays
snowskisnow,

Great to meet you & your family this morning. Thanks again for the vouchers. I've just PM'd you the info you wanted.
snow conditions
spyderjon

Thanks for coming,and thanks for the info.Had a look at the site,they are closed for the summer Sad I actually know of them as I used to do a lot of scuba;which is the other side of the business.
You have now thrown me into total confusion Puzzled I thought my heart was set on some Salomon Hots/Ex Hots.Now,having looked at a couple of Volke 5* reviews I'm not so sure(cheers mate!)Both reviews raved about them!!
So-next move is to post on the equipment review/questions to see what others think?
You might also like to look at my post in the Apres zone;Does anyone remember Eddie??
Thanks again,hope to see you and Deb on the snow sometime snowHead
snow conditions
Chris Downey wrote:
Well I would like to point out that there are some of us in the midlands for whom Milton Keynes and Castleford are not viable options for meeting up with others. So come on snowheads how about a meet at the Tamworth Snowdome "the UK's premier real snow centre"

Hold on a minute!!! I live in Southampton. AutoRoute Express tells me that it will take me (and my many friends who are coming) 2 hours and 9 minutes to get to MK. It also tells me that Stourport to MK *only* takes 1 hour 35 minutes. I'll think that you'll find that you have multiple ski slopes "on your doorstep"!

Yours jealously....
snow conditions
AutoRouteExpress? Don't you mean wildgoosechase.com? In my experience internet direction sites are full of s***
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Microsoft AutoRoute Express (software, not website) uses the same algorithms as BMW, Renault, and Audi use for their Sat Nav. (not sure about other cars). And if you give it the right info, it is excellent, IMHO.
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat,

LOL
ski holidays
spyderjon, don't let facts get in the way of opinions!

snowHead
latest report
Chris - I'm afraid that WTFH is right... very good at routes and stuff. It's a "I paid good money for it and you only get what you pay for" bit of software. wink
Didn't know that the same software is used in Sat Nav systems...
snow conditions
alexpresland, if you click on Help, About, then Credits, you'll find a line which says something to the effect of...

© 1999 Navigation Technologies B.V. All rights reserved. Based on Ordnance Survey electronic data and used with the permission of the Controller of Her Majesty's Stationery Office © Crown Copyright, 1995. Controllato ai sensi della legge N.68 del 2/2/1960. Nulla-osta I.G.M. alla diffusione N.86 del 4/3/96, N.295 del 31/7/96 e N.123 del 14/3/1997. Topografische Grundlage: © Bundesamt für Landestopographie.

(I'm using AutoRoute 2001)

And Navigations Technologies are now known as:
http://www.navteq.com/
(and I have two of their CD cases beside me from my Renault, I have also seen the identical software running in other marques)
ski holidays
"Autoroute Express" - qu'est que c'est? Later versions of Autoroute have cut back on the info - eg Iceland roads not included now Twisted Evil I av the satnav in me Onda and its brill, also TomTom on PDA for ire cars, also brill. It's the new hair con, U know what I mean arry?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 25-08-04 22:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, I have found one glaring ommision from Autoroute, would you believe that Bournemouth International Airport which is bigger than Southampton Airport is completely absent from the system, that airport has been arround since WWII so you would thing someone might have noticed it by now Laughing Mind you I only noticed the ommision when I tried to find my way to the nearby Industrial Park (which also doesn't exist)
latest report
Large parts of Mid Wales and the area around Stonehenge were also beamed to a distant galaxy whilst versions of Autoroute were compiled DG Laughing
latest report
Alan Craggs, is Mid-Wales connected to the rest of the UK transport system ?
ski holidays
D G Orf wrote:
Mind you I only noticed the ommision when I tried to find my way to the nearby Industrial Park (which also doesn't exist)

The fact that it was missing goes very well with your signature... You can't prove it exists and hence can't prove that you ever went there! Very Happy
snow report
alexpresland, The funny thing is that I was paid for that Job by a company in the Midlands so in a way you are correct Laughing

I still say it's there though This should prove it Laughing
snow conditions
Chris Downey, Used AA site to get me down to Serre Chevalier this summer, we do have Sat NAv in the Car but it only does the major roads of FRance and didn't have the final directions for some of the places we stopped on the way-it was spot on-unlike ViaMichelin which we used last year to go to the Loire. Also, anyone got the updates yet for NAvteq for Renault-are they worth it?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy