Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort for: one upper int, two timid int, one 5yrold an 18mth old and.......

Poster: A snowHead
Resort for: one upper intermediate, two timid int (2nd weekers), one 5yrold an 20mth old and....... 2 non skiers over 60. Make it festive (next years crimbo ski on earlybird booking).

Well if that ain't a challenge i dont know what is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hand it over to those with more knowledge than me......

Kind regards

Matt
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you have non skiers then I'd suggest that you go to a resort that is a town rather than just a ski resort!!

Zell am See would fit the bill.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alpe d'Huez would probably fit the bill....If you wanted to go further afield then most American / Canadian resorts would be suitable. Banff springs to mind.
Good luck Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Eli B - Quite right Zell was good, but I should have mentioned we did that this year.

Richie, cheers for that - had a look on ski club that 16km black run looks interresting!!!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I dont know how Alpe D'Huez would go down with 60 year old non skiers. Maybe the dolomites which are pretty, have lovely Italian food and a good snow making system?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wengen?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Elizabeth B, agree it would be a good choice, Mattmulkeen, Wengen has the advantage that virtually all of the restaurants in the area can be reached by a short walk from the transport system which means you can if you like have the non skiers join the skiers for lunch etc.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I dont know how Alpe D'Huez would go down with 60 year old non skiers.

Why not T Bar?

Wengen looks interesting too... i really fancy some swiss skiing!

Both Alpe D'Huez and Wengen were not on the shortlist, so thanks for the help.

Cervinia was going to be my suggestion - any thoughts?

The list is now

Wengen
Alpe D'Huez
Cervinia

Once I've picked I can spend the rest of the year worrying about global warming!!!! rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mattmulkeen, Cervinia has the right level of skiing, but I don't think it would be a great place for the non-skiers.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Er Wengen just took a hammering on ski club - no kids ski school in afternoon and long lift queues- and poor snow record in December!!!! any response???????

Does look very nice though!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mattmulkeen,
Quote:

Quote:

I dont know how Alpe D'Huez would go down with 60 year old non skiers.

Why not T Bar?

I have only visited it on day trips so would not be certain; the skiing is fine but the resort itself is a purpose built monstrosity with I would of thought little to do for the non skier.

PS I went to Wengen with aged parents non skiing myself and they enjoyed it. I don't remember the queues being horrendous though it was new year and quite busy. The snow was fantastic that year.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mattmulkeen, the nursery slopes in the center of the village have had artificial snow on them for years, long lift queues do occur but there are always lifts where there are no queues also more work on the lift system before next season will reduce the queues still further, I agree about the lack of afternoon ski school though.

As for poor snow... look at everywhere this year, you cannot control the weather, However I'd prefer to stay in a pretty village like Wengen rather than a concrete village often found at higher levels, also you have to bear in mind that much of the Wengen are is pasture land with grass under the snow, this means that just 30cm of snow can give sufficient coverage for skiing, in other higher locations with rocks under the piste a much deeper thickness of snow would be required
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mattmulkeen, Regarding the non - skiers. Although I have not been to Alpe D and not snowboarded, the wife of a friend of ours went with us and had a decent time. Like I said, I've only gone there and boarded but I believe there are a few off slope activities.
Also - and this is from experience, Gronoble is only about an hour or so away by bus. It's a nice little city and probably worth a visiting for a couple of days of the trip.
My missus can testify how easy the busses are to use. My appendix popped once while we were in Alpe D and she used the bus service daily to come and visit me in Grenoble hospital (after she'd had her days skiing of course). Subsequently I got to see some of the town too. Nice.

The piste layout at Alpe D is ideal for a mixed ability group too. As for the 16km black (The Sarenne), its not all its cracked up to be (about 8km is really a blue) but it's worth doing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi,

I went to Alpe D with Crystal holidays about 6 years and stayed in Hotel Hermitage. There were two kids in our party (7 and 9 at the time). They loved the ski school. There is also the option of childcare with Crystal. One of our party didn't ski due to injury and she found plenty to do. Quite a few shops and also good lift system from bottom of village to top if you don't want to walk. My husband learnt to ski there and I was an intermeadiate and loved it. There is something for everyone and it is high enough to almost be sure of snow! We are planning to return next year with our son (who will be 4). It is not the prettiest of places I wil agree but I did see a lot of non-skiers and chatted to a few who were happy with what there was. The rise up from the bottom of the mountain is also pretty impressive with all those corners! It is ridden up in the Tour de France - god know how they do it! There are also a couple of villages below Alp D with good access called Vaujany and Oz en Oisans which might be worth a look. I have used Iglu.com to have a look at different resorts.
Cheers Clare Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks Clare!
latest report
Mattmulkeen wrote:
Er Wengen just took a hammering on ski club - no kids ski school in afternoon and long lift queues- and poor snow record in December!!!! any response???????

Does look very nice though!

Right that's it, who are the ski club people in wengen? rolling eyes

Long lift queues? It was xmas/NYE, what do they expect?
I went to mannlichen yesterday and saw maybe 15 people. When it is very busy there are always places to go where most people don't because they are (a) lazy and (b) afraid of T bars.

Poor snow in December? That's strange, december I was coming down the back of lauberhorn and through the trees, on poor snow Laughing admittedly there wasn't a huge amount of snow but it was ok, at the moment there isn't a lot at village level, but that all changes on the 18/19/20th Jan Very Happy

No kids ski school in the afternoons? News to me, but that doesn't mean it isn't true Embarassed
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy