Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to get to Kaprun from Saalbach?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys

A group of 8 of us are off to Saalbach this Saturday. Due to lack of snow I was wondering how long it would take to get to Kaprun for a day or so and how much it would cost roughly? Would taxi be best option or is the public transport good enough?

Many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wonderwoman, There is snow, and will be snow in Saalbach. You may have to go higher in Saalbach but IMHO the trip to Kaprun will not be worth it. If its that bad then all the lowlying resorts will head for Kaprun. By the time you get there and get up to the glacier the day will be half over.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I agree, despite some negativity on this forum you will be fine. I was told by someone not to expect much fun in Zell am See at crimbo as conditions were 0cm/47cm. Well I had 65km of fast skiing to go at and skiied all the back to hotel on what was supposed to be 0cm of snow!!!

Went to Kaprun on last day and it was really quiet as all ski schools were on changeover day. If your going to go I would try to find out what day that is. To be honest I'd stop off in Zell rather than Kaprun.... tree lined blacks much more fun esp 10 and 14!!!!

Have a good time.

PS I think saalbach and zell only 14km apart.... why not haggle for taxi bus... wont be much between 8.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a regular bus service between Saalbach and Zell.....and then a ski bus service between Zell and Kaprun - so it is perfectly doable on public transport. However,as Frosty the Snowman says, if you have to bus to Kaprun then it will be very busy there.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for info - will give an update once I'm back!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
wonderwoman, I'm also off out to Saalbach this Sunday. However, I am not considering going to Kaprun.
a) Almost every lift, and 75% slopes in Saalbach are currently open. That's about 4x-5x the terrain of Kitzsteinhorne. With colder weather now forecast past after Saturday, then they should be able to get snow-cannons back on.
b) It's a lot of hassle to get there
c) If the conditions are poor in surrounding resorts, then Kaprun will be packed
Don't get me wrong - I love Kaprun and have been there 3 times. It's a great place to go for a long weekend with family/friends of mixed ability in April/May.

If you do really want to do it then there's a Post bus from Saalbach<->Zell but it's only something like once an hour, and will take about 40 minutes. Then you'd need to get off in Zell, wait around for the next ski bus to Kaprun which would prob be something like a 15 minute wait and a 25 minute bus. Then (after buying a ski-pass) it's a good 20 mins+ up the gondela to get onto Kitzsteinhorne. If there's a group a taxi would be more conveneint, but beware that by bus it could well be 2 hours between leaving your hotel and putting your skis on.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy