Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for a straw to clutch at ?

Poster: A snowHead
brian, woohoo! Just need cold temps now! Fingers and everything else crossed Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So to be a bit positve 1 meter of fresh snow will wait for us on the 26th? The chart is for 6 hours right, and in 6 hours 45 cm or am I overoptimistic now? Very Happy
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Bjorn, potentially.

... however, the chances of things happening exactly like that are probably 10% or so. But it's nice to have the potential there wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
brian, even if it won't happen your my hero for giving me hope! Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian, whats the URL to that chart above?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
as long as it comes forward a few days I'll be happy Smile
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Bjorn,

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn2404.png
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks a lot!

But look at this:

http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_846_ens.png

doeasnt look like snow on the 25th? or is me whos lost now? Laughing
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Bjorn, that's the ensembles from the midnight run (00z), the chart above was from the 6am (06z). 06z ensembles should be there in around an hour.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bjorn, at the time of posting your URL is from the 00h run and Brian's from the 06h one (both will update shortly though) - that explains the differences but also goes to show how past a few days, things can look very very different between runs hence the 10% chance mentioned. That said the trend showing on runs from the last few days is very much more favourable than it was.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
brian, oops beat me to it

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 15-01-07 12:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ok brian! Trying to learn from you guys....

No more questions, I promise! Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Guys, I'm due out to Morzine/ Avoriaz on 26th --- Morzine looks horrible at the moment but should I be optomistic?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I don't even pretend to understand all the pretty pictures but have got everything crossable crossed that this one doesn't fade away to nothingness. Not going until the end of Feb but snowdancing like crazy for then .........and for all of you that are going out before that.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
UKMO now within range of 21st and it too brings in the northerly. Not sure I like the way ECMWF is moving the high pressure but thems mere details. Looks like there will be snow next week even if it dries up again later on (though GFS enesembles think not). Will be interested to see the ECMWF 12z as it's been playing around with the high pressure. Anway gets very warm on 19th/20th as the low pressure moves through the UK (and brings more gales), but the cold air gets dragged own by the back edge of the system and the high pressure forming out the west. Going to be an interesting week, model watching wise.
ski holidays
skanky, I'm new to all of this so help req. I'm due out to Morzine next week, does it look like they'll be snow there by end of next week?
snow conditions
SP1R1T, maybe some higher up before the weekend. Latter half of the weekend onwards there should be more and lower down. This is all just probable though rather than definite, IMHO.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skanky, Thanks m8
ski holidays
Quote:
Will be interested to see the ECMWF 12z as it's been playing around with the high pressure.

Much better.
snow report
Let's stay positive; let's stay positive; let's stay positive; let's stay positive snowHead snowHead snowHead

Seriously can anyone remember such a bad start to January? Being a fairly 'new' skiier my repository of alpine weather lore is quite low.
ski holidays
Brian T wrote:
Let's stay positive; let's stay positive; let's stay positive; let's stay positive snowHead snowHead snowHead

Seriously can anyone remember such a bad start to January? Being a fairly 'new' skiier my repository of alpine weather lore is quite low.

yes! Althought I can't remember when though! I was at a avalanche talk last night and Nick Parks said in 1928 he has been told it didn't snow in Chamonix at all!!

Cheers,

Greg
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SP1R1T, I have a friend who was in Morzine last week. He said no snow in Morzine, but go to the higher north facing slopes on the Swiss side of the P du S, and there is excellent snow! Very Happy He and his pals had a very good week. Very Happy
latest report
skanky, I'm relatively new to GFS models so have probably misread them. It seems we should all be thankful for the forthcoming cold temps, but am I right in saying there doesn't appear to be a huge dump of snow coming. There seems to be a total accumulation next week of about 30 to 40 cms in Morzine/Avoriaz.

Is this about right or have I missed something fundamental?

cheers
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm keeping a close eye on whats happening in the MonteRosa area. Looks like fair weather until thursday and then it gets WARM again until sun morning when the cold will return. Cold next week and snow (a lot it seems) from tuesday until fri morning, then sunny again.

Looks good since we are heading to Gressoney the 26th Very Happy Or is just me who's over optimistic Puzzled
Can one of the weatherpros here say something about this?

Crazy weather anyway, feels like april here in Stockholm (+6, sunny/windy). should be -15 by now....

Hope you can follow my writing, it's easier to speak your language!

/ Bjorn (Stockholm)
ski holidays
Bjorn, your writing is better than most of ours here! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
easiski, Thanks for the info Madeye-Smiley
latest report
zzz, you're right and it is my main concern. It seems to vary from run to run, and I think it's connected to the shape of the high pressure, which none of the models seem to have a handle on (and I'm not sure I'd expect them to yet). I wouldn't worry too much at the moment as Thursday's storm is such a big variable, that anything beyond it is subject to change.
snow report
any updates from the weatherpeople re the latest forecast? have been glued to this post with a while and there has been no post since yesterday!!
maybe its because we don't need to clutch at straws anymore!!!????? 2 days till we travel to zell am see. any forecast updates welcome
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skanky, thanks, fingers crossed then.
snow report
zzz, and here was me imagining you knew everything about the weather...? wink
ski holidays
Looks like a big dump the 23th and 24th (going there the 26th) Toofy Grin in MonteRosa area, then cold. Hallelujah, seems my magic snowdance is working once again!
ski holidays
David Murdoch, just drop the last three words from your post! Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy