Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot Comfort/Discomfort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone experience the sensation of your boots getting progressively more uncomfortable as a week passes. Not neccessarily wet as my boots are good like that, but moreso they start to feel smaller and and ill-fitting after a few days.

Are my feet expanding?

Comments anyone?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Definately not.In fact mine get looser as the week goes by.
In the morning i generally just loosely do up ,walk to the lifts & then retighten & re adjust,as by then my feet have warmed up & bedded in.
I use Airwalk Buttes,which are about 6 years old,very comfy,though are starting to show signs of ageing.But have Velcro power straps that i tighten throughout the day aswell.
What boots are you using?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Simon (Mr T) Airwalk as well. They are about 3 seasons old - done about 4 weeks or so.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
..............bug ger, just lost my reply.........now what did i say?

Oh yeah, what boots are you using? Possibly not sized correctly, remember to try lots of boots on when buying........don't do as i did and buy over the net unless already tried on exactly the same pair in a shop.

I firstly bought some gear over the net while i was working out in the USA a few years ago, the bindings + board were great but the boots were awful (cheap package). I used it though, as they were ok for learning on small hills - only 6-800m vertical, every weekend. But hell did I noticed the difference when out for a weeks holiday in the Alps - cutting off blood supply to toes and ankles every time i strapped in.

Anyway got rid of the boots etc and purchased a decent pair earlier this year - Saloman Dialogues - quite stiff with a laced, removable, heat mouldable inner liner. The boots have a great lacing system which locks as you pull it tighter round the ankle and at the top. They are great and can wear them all day all week with no problems. Really comfy. I've also noticed that i have gone down a couple of sizes as well.

Sounds like an excuse/reason Puzzled to purchase some new gear!

I also noticed a huge difference in comfort levels as i changed to flows from straps at the same time.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Talked me into it......how can I sell my boots?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ebay Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Where do you live Peter?Ski shows comin up soon.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ebay is the obvious idea. Will give it a whirl.

Live in North London so plenty of opportunity for ski shows etc
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
before going on ebay as they charge so much in fees these days (from what i've heard) try advertising on www.goneboarding.co.uk???
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy