Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Today in Skiwelt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A quick update to anyone heading out here soon. Conditions in Soll are not good. Has been raining all day today at top station and down. Runs to the resort are closed, and many others are closing daily. Those that remain open are slushy and very patchy in places. That said, there is skiing to be had and we´ve been able to ski every day so far this week. However, we desperately need snow but is just so warm (8 degrees at top station today) and is looking worse day by day. Sorry to sound glum but thats the current situation here.. but, the bars as ever are excellent!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What's it like round in the bowl at Scheffau? Assuming the connecting links are closed you can get a taxi quite cheaply (we always used Taxi Stefan) to the gondola at Scheffau if those slopes are in any better condition.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thatmanwoody, Thats really unfortunate, i suppose its better than being at work- I bet the local bars are loving it, money, money money, well until people realsie its raining! and cancel their holidays, hope things get better, but looking at forecasts it is glum, and you're gona need a miracle.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey all,

Heading off to Soll on Saturday, and seeing as skiing may be non-existant to very limited, have any of you been to the welt before and if so what (surely there must be some) alternatives to skiing are there in or around the resort to pass the week, I know the pub is always a good idea but can do that any day of the week anywhere.

Depressing thought but have to try and salvage something for the holiday.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Swimming pool is worth a visit, day trips out to various places could also be tempting. Bus round to Westendorf may find better conditions as the skiing is a tad higher over there.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bananaskin, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I have no idea on the actual conditions on the ground, but I expect that someone else will be able to tell you, but don't give up altogether. If there really is very limited skiing there, then hire a car and move on. I would guess that you could get to Mayrhofen and the Zillertal valley in 1/2 hour or so, (and then onto Hintertux if really necessary). Not sure about Kaprun and Zell am See, but I wouldn't have thought they were too far either. You should be able to find some good skiing, but you may have to look for it if it isn't at your actual resort.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bananaskin, Ive just checked SCGB, 12 out of 13 lifts running, it mentions packed piste, varied off-piste, 6degrees and mentions lower runs suffering from temps- i dont reckon your gonna need non-snowsport activity! it also mentions 1cm of snow in the next six days, it could be more at least its expected. wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Again all. Sitting in theModlinger bar at the mo nursing a bad back from a fall yesterday that ended my weeks skiing. boooo. Anyway, quick update on the slopes. Soll still ropey.. icy in the morning and slush in the afternoon. You may need to negotiate patches of bare ground and stones (we had to take skis off and walk at one point) but the area is still skiable. Soll down to Hopfgarten is suffering the worse but don´t know what it´was like today. Soll to Zihnsberg and on to scheffau is ok, but again ropey in places. But is still skiable and was very icy today. They are forecasting snow tonight, but feels too warm still but I have my fingers crossed for u guys heading here next. You will be able to ski so worry not... just be prepared to be a bitlimited.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy