Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow in Andorra or the lack of???

Poster: A snowHead
Marcus, El Tarter on the 4th snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Michelle, not jealous ! Nordic ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
10 cms in Arinsal/Pal yesterday from the look of things. It just needs to hold out for another 2 weeks. Not much forecasted from now until this weekend though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Metalian and me skied Ordino yesterday (Sunday), and 50cm of fresh snow minimum!!! Shocked Shocked In some places a bit more.

Spectacular day!!! On saturday 25cm, that it can be pisted in the evening, so the runs have a good shape, but at night and all the morning 30cm of fresh snow ON the runs, and of course all Arcalis have had a powder day. 9.30 to 16h nonstop powder day. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Off piste tricky, not sufficient base I saw and heard some people destroying skis base.... they need another snow storm like this, and we can start to do something. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well it looks great at the moment but next week and beyond is looking miserable if this is anything to go by:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=ski;page=7;type=winter;country=Andorra;resort=Soldeu+-+El+Tarter;sess=

Not good Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kosciosco, not looking, so there NehNeh

wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We're off to Soldeu on Sun 25th and whilst I can't wait, I am concerned at the forecasts which varyingly show rain or snow next week dependant upon the altitude. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

My question however, is this: what the hell do you do if it IS raining on the slopes? Confused My gear's not going to be rainproof and I'm not sure that I'd want to ski in those conditions anyway! Never come across this before and just wondered what other Snowheads' experience was?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't worry, the local forecast are speaking that at much the rain-snow limit will be always under 2000m, 80% of the area is above this altitude, and the lower parts now don't have much snow; so, in the area that you ski will snow.

And according to the local forecasts the precipitation will be light (I hope that they're wrong and we have a big snow dump wink wink)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The J2ski site for Arinsal seems to suggest a light dusting of snow up to next Thursday wil a cumulative 7cms. The freezing levels would seem to suggest that only the upper resort level will benefit though.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Why is it that you can't win? Snow wanted BEFORE you go, and then blue skies WHILE you're there Puzzled Don't care - last sleep to go, then YIPEEEEE! snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The J2ski site is now showing a forecast of 12cm todayin Pal-Arinsal. Anyone know what the actual situation is? Overall, up until Weds, it's looking like 23cms predicted snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Marcus, it was snowing this morning - I was looking at the webcams - strange bearing in mind my next trip is to Wengen ! snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Smokin Joe, thanks. Could you post a link to those cams if you get a chance? Thanks.

I was looking at the Vallnord website and their assessment at 3.45 today was "slush" Sad Having looked at a few sites, the J2ski assessment seems totally at odds with everything else!

BTW what ski pass system do they have there?

Marcus
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Marcus, its electronic - just stick the pass in your pocket and forget about it.

Andorramania - http://www.andorramania.com/andorrawebcams/arcalis.php

Grandvalira - http://www.grandvalira.com/gv/main.aspx?lang=4&section=104&subsection=150
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Smokin Joe, nice one - thanks. Some resorts (La Ros for example) still require a photo to transpose on to the pass - same here?
ski holidays
Nope - just hard cash to buy it ! snowHead snowHead snowHead

I was in Arinsal two years ago and really enjoyed it.
snow report
Again, thanks Smokin Joe.

Seems like a good place from what I've heard. We're staying at the Montane which is opposite the Gondola I think. Did you go to Arcalis? A "short bus ride away" if one believes those good honest folk that write up the brochures Twisted Evil Sounds as though the best of it is there at the moment.
snow conditions
I went to Arcalís yesterday.
All day it was snowing, and in the snow report the snowpack reach 100cm. Today is snowing, with other 20cm predicted.
I think the best snow for the moment in Pyrenees is in Arcalís, and Baqueira Beret

Arcalís webcam:

snow report
metalhead132, thanks Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley snowHead snowHead snowHead Cool

Arinsal benefitted from another 10cm yesterday and more predicted today/tomorrow and as much as 20cm next weekend!! Igluski suggesting that 50% of the lifts were closed in Arcalis today due to high winds, though these subsiding over the next day or so.

Looooookin' good snowHead
latest report
Marcus, Just got back yesterday from Arinsal had a great time although my knees are now totally shoot away!! They're doing a good job with the runs there but it was getting a bit slushy towards the end of the day at the bottom. Arcalis is definatley worth the trip and so is going over to Pal/La Massana area via the cable car link. I didn't risk going to Arcalis with the local buses but forked out for the trip with the TO. Only took 30 odd minutes but they did leave a bit early for me in the afternoon (about 3ish). Was snowing on Sunday. The Montane is RIGHT opposite the gondala so your ok there. Just up the road is El Cau which gives free toasties with every drink from 3-6pm. Hope you have a good tiime.
latest report
SallyT, glad to hear you had such good time and thanks for the report. Couldn't resist the temptation to put the gear on last night, so must be getting excited snowHead snowHead Laughing

Is there something you're not telling us about the local buses?
latest report
Folks,

I´m here at the moment and it bucketed down as we arrived on Sunday and we woke up to fresh powder on Monday morning but since then it´s rapidlly declined as the temp has shot up (it was plus six in Pas today) so basically the past two days have been frozen/icy slopes in the morning and a sheer slush in the afternoon...and worst of all it hasn´t been cold enough in the evening to make snow...and it´s not liable to change before we go home on Sunday....I´m gutted I really am.

If anyone is coming out here next week you better start praying it changes otherwise it´s potentially gonna be one shite week.
snow conditions
dazman, the conditions have been like that since erm............................December - its enough to ski on so just enjoy it !
ski holidays
Appreciate that more than 48 hours prediction is a "guess", but the J2ski site suggests some major snowfall on Monday in Pal Arinsal. Tuesday and Wednesday also look good, but that's probably wishful thinking!
ski holidays
Next week is looking like a mixed bag - Sunday through to Wednesday isn't looking great, a bit warm, but Late Wednesday through to Thursday is looking like cold with major snowfall
ski holidays
From what I've seen, temps today and tomorrow look a bit worrying! Then 10cm predicted for Monday and lower temps for a few days. All pretty academic really as off tomorrow - whoooppppeeeee!!! snowHead Cool snowHead Cool snowHead Cool
snow conditions
Right, we're off! Post a snow report in a little over a week. Bye!
snow report
Marcus, Where are you staying? There will be a group of us going tomorrow as well

Next week is looking much better for colder temps and snowfall
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have a great time Marcus, & kosciosco, Toofy Grin
snow report
kosciosco, he's over in Arinsal - not in the same resort as us!
ski holidays
i hope it does snow cos its my first time out there anywhere infact be a shme if it wasnt snowing Crying or Very sad

gona be fun either way
snow report
Just got back from Arinsal - It's getting very sparse there now, there's really only a couple of runs open with lots of grassy patches poking through- same in Pal.

Arcalais has by far the best snow and runs around that area, although it's also very patchy in places there too.

Best thing is to get on piste bang on 9 when the lifts open and enjoy the morning's skiing because it is getting very cut up by lunch time and very slushy by not long after that Crying or Very sad

Despite that, I had a brilliant week there, I just hope those on their way out now do too
snow conditions
ronaldothefrog, I'm just back from Pas meself and we'd more or less the same week as yourself...we had to be waiting for the lifts to come on and then pack it in by about 1:30 / 2:00 as it became way too slushy and extremely heavy underfoot.

I was chatting to a lift operator at the very top of the Pic Blanc lift and he showed a GPS unit he had and it was reading +11 at the very highest part of the resort so you can only imagine what damage the sun was doing to the pistes.

I see there's a dumpdown forecast for the middle of the week...for anyone that's going pray it happens and more importantly it cools down.

But like Ronaldo we too, due the first few days and more importantly the company we'd a cracking week.
ski holidays
dazman, Just goes to show, a little bit of snow goes a long way!

Did you manage to get over to Arcalais at all?
snow conditions
No....I tried to cover as much ground of the whole of the Grand Valira as poss.....I don't feel fulfilled so I'm actively seeking another short break.

Feel free to contribute any info to my thread.
snow report
well,......snow warning today,.....and: TODAY IS THE DAY.

The biggest snowfalling of winter starts this morning. Keep your eyes on the webcams Blush Blush Blush
latest report
And the result is?
snow report
One word. Powder. Woohoo!!
ski holidays
Got back from Arinsal yesterday. Arrived on Sunday 4th to 20 degrees! And it didn't get too much colder until Weds! Only 3 runs open and no link to Pal. Good skiing from 9-11 am and then sugar! You have to hand it to the pisteurs, those guys somehow managed to keep things going in pretty sparse conditions!

And then the snow came, pretty much all day Weds night, Thurs and Thurs night. Friday was stunning! Drove up to Pal for 9 am and there was no-one there - clear blue sky, virgin pistes with fresh snow on them. Glorious and an hour of skiing with no-one about. It doesn't get much better than that!

Spent the afternoon at Arcalis and again, pretty quiet and some terrific snow with most pistes open and some good off-piste.

Saturday and more snow with high winds that closed many lifts and destroyed much of the piste. Still a good day though.

On the drive back on Sunday am it looked as though Soldeu and Pas both had enjoyed some heavy snow. Guess it'll be a good week this week for anyone there.

Marcus
latest report
Marcus, Only problem was that Sunday was warming up and the wind had blown through Grand Valira and taken all the snow. It does need another good dump of snow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy