Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow in Andorra or the lack of???

Poster: A snowHead
the snow comes late. Starts this morning, and no stop until saturday
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SallyT, AAAh thats what its called!!! lol, yeah tell me about it, i lost twice in a row!!!!!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Forecasts are all now showing rain for next week...this is not good. Anyone know how likely it is that this warmer weather will occur?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
smudger, dont worry - loads of heavy snow yesterday and a little this morning and more forecast for tonight and saturday. Excellent conditions today and the pistes which are closed look likely to open shortly. Very cold this morning.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hope your right Smokin Joe, it all seems very unpredictable at the moment!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
smudger, I,m sitting in Soldeu and believe me its cold at present. The snow yesterday laid down about 10 - 15 cms and improved the slopes 100%. When are you off ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Smokin Joe, Fabtastic news - just made my day snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SallyT, glad to be of service snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm off to Arinsal tomorrow! Hope it hit there too...sounds like your having a good time Smokin Joe, snowHead

Long may that and the snow continue snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
smudger, it should be snowing when you arrive according to the forecast - the local one on Andorra TV suggests snow for Saturday, Sunday, Monday.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Smokin Joe, That's two peoples days you have made now! snowHead snowHead

I am going to choose to believe the local forecasts as they surely know more than what I've been looking at wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
woooo made y day as well. as i fly out on sunday as well !!!!! coming back for another week with the family aree the links likely to be opening do you think
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
b3lty, I think it depends on the amount of snow they get over the weekend, they need a good dump as the link runs have very little base to start from. Just keep checking the slope state on the Grandvalira Site

snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
smudger, from Resorts

Quote:
This from Igluski (orig from SCGB)

Quote:
Great news with snow reportedly falling at Arcalis (20/60cm), Pal (30/40cm) and Arinsal (30/40cm) on Thursday morning. The new snow is expected to continue to fall throughout the day and over the weekend which is excellent news for anyone heading out to the resorts. While Soldeu (20/30cm) and Pas de la Casa (20/30cm) are not reporting new snow on Thursday the on-piste conditions are surprisingly good for carving on the packed cover and they are predicted some snowfalls this week and over the weekend.

Sounds like a step in the right direction
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just got back from Soldeu. About 10 cm fell on Thursday and about 5 cm on Friday night. No new runs were opened but the closed pistes are great for off piste skiing. Considering all the doom and gloom I had one of the best weeks skiing I have ever had. The only negative was that I had to buy a Grandvalira lift pass when the resort links were shut and busses to Pas de La Casa are so infrequent and unreliable.
latest report
Left at 6.00am this morning in a blizzard, in a bus with no windscreen wipers and the driver didnt think it was a problem !!! Shocked

Have to agree with K2Apache - excellent powder yesterday morning and no-one on the slopes till 11.00am.
ski holidays
Is it just me or have the slopes reports on Grand Valira not changed for months?
snow conditions
Thanks for the update chaps. snowHead

I cynically think the pistes are kept shut ready for the 1/2 term holidays.... Puzzled

Good news for me cos that when I'm there! Toofy Grin
snow report
shockingmoment wrote:

I cynically think the pistes are kept shut ready for the 1/2 term holidays.... Puzzled

Toofy Grin

It's half term now, well for us anyway. I believe it's also the French holidays.

snowHead
snow conditions
Oh well, thats me blown off the mountain! Embarassed

Our 1/2 term is next week!
latest report
Ok so i'm off on Sunday - only 5 more sleeps - and like most i am obessed with the snow reports. I've just been onto Metcheck and Netweather and they're both showing some snow forecast for Sat/Sun. Would any of the snowheads who can make sense of the GFS thingys confirm this for me. I've tried to understand them, really i have!! I know we're still 4-5 days away and things can change but i'd love some good news.
snow conditions
SallyT, You and me both Sister.

I'm off to Pas next week too.

....GFS dudes, do me and Sal a favour and let us know what we're in for.

Please??
snow report
http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_243_ens.png

dazman, I'm not an engineer but this looks ok to me.
ski holidays
Smokin Joe, Fair play to you Joe, cos it just looks like graph to me !!.....what does it mean???
ski holidays
 brian
brian
dazman, it means:

- warming through Thurs to stupidly warm (but dry) on Friday

- cooldown on Saturday with snow (potentially lots) initially above 1800m lowering to perhaps 1000m by Sunday

- average-ish temps with possibly some smaller falls of snow through the next week

- ignore everything beyond the 21st as the ensemble goes haywire (all the lines diverge meaning confidence in the result is practically nil).
snow report
The horizontal line is the temp and the vertical line is precipitation. Which means a sudden drop in temps and 25 cms of the white powdery stuff.
snow conditions
Hi all. Am just back from Arinsal on 10th feb and can confirm it was snowing by mid-week and snowed most days right up to our last day on Saturday.
snow conditions
Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
brian that's exactly what I wanted to hear for next week.....thanks mate.
snow report
Oh Joy!! Thanks everyone maybe i can stop looking at all the different wether forecasts now!!!
ski holidays
SallyT, More to the point....for what was +6 degrees before lunch then to descend to -3 after lunch with an added reasonable snow shower kinda shows you how bloody changeable the weather is at the moment.

I tell you what, if we get a go of the dumpdown clouds that the jammy gits in France got, we could be in for a treat next week.
snow report
dazman, the temps were colder than shown on that map when we were there last week - honestly have faith ! snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
Dazman - Hope this brings a smile to your face:

http://www.j2ski.com/snow_forecast/Andorra/Pas_de_la_Casa_Grau_Roig_snow.html
and page down

Vested interest - we're just over the hill - same applies

Lets just hope its right.....
snow report
SallyT & shockingmoment, I also see that http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Pas-de-la-Casa.0to3top.shtml is also now telling us all what we want to hear !!

HUZZAH!!
snow report
All we need is for it to stay like this for the next two weeks, please snowHead
ski holidays
I hope it does get better for you guys. We have some friends going out to Pas Cas on 10th March, we have been invited too but are loathed to book anything until we see an improvement .
snow conditions
Rhymes with 'clucking bell' Toofy Grin

Thats what I call 11th hour. Major (relatively speaking) snow on the day we arrive, and on our first night in resort, ready to ski sunday morning.

There is a snow God after all!

Have a fab time everyone who's been watching this thread. Its been a very painfull journey, just hope there's no nasty surprises snowHead snowHead
snow report
Michelle, where are you going? We're off in 2 weeks to Arinsal.
snow conditions
I'm going to Arinsal on 27th - This all looks very encouraging Very Happy
snow report
We're headed Paswards on the 25th....let the heavens open.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy