Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

7 day Meteo France Haute Savoie Forecast

Poster: A snowHead
If you don't like what you see please don't moan at me - thanks.

LUNDI 8 JANVIER 2007 BULLETIN DE 17 H 30 Vigilance Haute-Savoie : jaune (risque avalancheux ) Situation générale/évolution : encore un semaine marquée par une étonnante douceur... PREVISION POUR LA HAUTE-SAVOIE Nuit prochaine : de la pluie, de la neige au-delà de 1800 puis remontant ....vers 2500 m. Vent encore turbulent d'ouest à sud-ouest en altitude. Neige attendue vers 3000 m 25 cm. MARDI 9 : DOUX ! Matinée nuageuse avec quelques gouttes de pluie par moments, quelques flocons en haute montagne. Puis amélioration par le sud avec de plus en plus de soleil en après-midi. Températures en plaine de 7 puis 12 dg. Grosse douceur en moyenne montagne. Val d'Aoste : éclaircies, plus belles en descendant la vallée. ISOTHERME 0 DG : 3000 m. VENT VERS 2000 M : ouest à sud-ouest 20/40 km/h. VENT VERS 4000 M : nord-ouest 60 km/h faiblissant 40 en tournant ouest. MERCREDI 10 : TOUJOURS DOUX. Journée ensoleillée , impression de printemps....en plaine 4 à 15 dg. Léger vent de foehn au pied du Mt-Blanc, haut sommets temporairement dans un nuage. ISOTHERME 0 DG : 3000 puis 2500 m. VENT VERS 2000 M : sud-ouest turbulent 40/70 km/h. VENT VERS 4000 M : sud-ouest 50 km/h. TENDANCE DU JEUDI 11 AU LUNDI 15 JANVIER : Jeudi : ensoleillé et doux. Vendredi : nuageux peut-être faiblement pluvieux jusque vers ...2300 m. Samedi /dimanche/lundi : beau et très doux. Tendance foehn au pied du MT-Blanc. Indice de confiance tendance de 4 sur 5. Météo-France réactualise ce bulletin tous les jours pour 7h30, 12h30 et 17h30. Ces prévisions sont réactualisées tous les jours vers 7h30, 12h30 et 17h00.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i dont like what i see,probobly really wouldnt like it if i could read it aswell.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gonna be hot hot hot and that Foehn wind will be blowing hard...I think it's safe to say low lying resorts can say bye bye to any cover on their lowest slopes Evil or Very Mad

Also safe to say you can write this week of weather wise, lets hope for a (much) lower f/l next week and maybe some freshies snowHead Better do, I'm arriving into the Beaufortain on the 13th, might be in my shorts at this rate LOL
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes mate. Honest, none of us have a problem with handling the truth, it's just that sometimes... well... having been accused (rightly) of not minding the tone of my own messages in the past, you appear (to me at least) to be falling into the same trap and your messages come across as glorying in the dismal weather, which makes the hackles rise on those people heading out and fully aware that they are in for slightly less than optimal conditions. Along with Lisach and Stanton, you are appearing to want to... well... rub people's noses in it, for want of a better term.

What all three of you seem unable to grasp is that not everyone needs to have perfect conditions to have a great time. There are many, many resorts out in the alps with fantastic conditions available. OK, so not all of them are operating at full capacity and some runs home are closed or slushy or muddy, but higher up and if you look in the right places... unless you're phenomenally unlucky with your resort choice... there is some great skiing to be had in almost all areas of the alps. If the less discerning visitors on here were to purely listen to what is amounting to gloomy propaganda from you three then they'd be slitting their wrists.

OK, you're all perfectly within your rights to voice your opinions, but you're like spoilsports telling children that Santa doesn't exist or something at present. If you are all requiring ideal conditions to ski, then fine, but please don't judge everyone else by your over-optimistic standards please, or you'll just come across as pantomime villains, I'm afraid and anything valid you do have to say will just get dismissed out of hand by those who get fed up with being force-fed bad news.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
well said, nail hit squarely on the head
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As I said in another thread there was a big episode of fohn this time last year which messed things up nicely. Last year didn't turn out so bad in the end though
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
carled, skinutter,

Come on boys see if you can stop the bitching it's just a forecast!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://193.251.72.159:8091/jpg/image.jpg

The webcam in hameau de flaine - still not raining!!

fingers crossed!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
what was it you posted on another thread? Ah yes, now you are either fishing, or just enjoy winding people up, which is it?

Quote:

NorthWestFace
user

Your not exactly the sharpest edge in the hire shop are you........IN ENGLISH ....
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski,

meowwwwwwww!

Blimey what is this - can we keep any posts to the topic in question from now on. Your making me feel this bad.....
http://www.trinum.com/ibox/lioran/externe/Images/webcam_00001.jpg
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
that pics about as depressing as you can get
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Maybe it's just me but I don't think it's good forum etiquette to go around slagging off others for posting a french forecast then a few days later do the same thing yourself.

I feel this good though....

http://www.latania.co.uk/webcam/picweb.jpg

Wink

Cheers,

Greg
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
carled,

Quote:

telling children that Santa doesn't exist

WHAT !!!!! Santa doesn't exist!!!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I agree with NorthWestFace, so what's the problem in being told the truth? I am heading out soon , and need info. I dont see any gloryification in it? It certainly beats the crap you see in the 'I want to sell you something' or 'last minute' bargain sites! I'd just seen 'and posted' forecast temps for various resorts in west and east alps. Hope I'm not going to get growled at as well! I for one, will be much happier if the conditions improved, but I also do want realistic forecasts and having the info posted here is fine with me. It's not the SCGB is it? Phew...... takes a breath.....

I'm going in 6 days time, away for 2 weeks, realistically, what's forecast for anything up to 10 days ahead, wont make things any better for me. I'll be picking up any info I can while I'm away. I'm mobile for the first five days and can choose which resort to vist within say 40 miles of Moutieres. After that it's Cv1850 and hopefully the othe 3V's. Bring on the snow, just the odd 50 cm will do me fine!

Keep the realistic reports coming on SnowHeads!

BTW, carled to avoid any doubt, Santa doesnt exist! wink

TTFN
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kitenski,

Let it go, that forecast had an english version - it was an attempt at humour - that's all. I was since informed that all snowheads can read french anways.

meteofrance don't appear to do an english version on the pay bit of the site (I managed to get a few thousand free points) - if anyone is struggling the google language tool will give you what you need. If any snow is left the weekend looks nice and sunny although hot hot hot - better than hot and cloudy!
ski holidays
BMF_Skier,

Looking at the pics on here from Tignes and LDA you should be fine if you go high. Reading the reports from people on the ground it really does look like people are having totally different experiences depending on resort altitude (everyone hates rain in the resort) and % of pistes > 2000m in the ski area.

One thing that I keep seeing on the Meteo France model is Haute Savoie and Savoie getiing rain while Isere is getting snow at the same altitude - don't pretend to understand it but I keep noticing this on a regular basis!
latest report
Just read on a french version of this that they will be closing the lower pistes in the Grand Massif from tomorrow - no surprises given tonights rain Sad
ski holidays
do they give the reason for the closing? Is it avalance risk, bare pistes or just too heavy?? Sad
snow report
If someone takes the trouble to find (and pay for) and post a week's Meteo France forecast, in French, I'd say thanks very much. Most of us can puzzle it out ("neige", "pluie" "2500m"!) and those that can't are no worse off. The more accurate and realistic forecasts we get, the better, provided they are soundly based and preferably not accompanied by a series of pessimistic prognostications based on wild guesses and hand rubbing about all the poor beggars going to resorts below 2300m.
ski holidays
kitenski,

Grass!
snow report
NorthWestFace wrote:
kitenski,

Grass!

That's probably not a bad reason for closing lower runs then Wink
snow conditions
NorthWestFace, by "lower slopes" do you know if they mean all of the Massif area or just the lower parts of the Massif?
todays webcams show people skiing at Morrillon 1100, although the pistes look extrememly patchy!
ski holidays
The post (from a local) implied the lower parts of the Massif rather than the Grand Massif (with Flaine) i.e. Carroz, Morrilon. I also noticed Morrilon 1100 was still in operation so not sure if it's genuine. One of the two runs into carroz is still open (the red rather than the blue through the trees). The town is looking very green.
ski holidays
it is amazing how quickly things can change though. I remember a mid-April weekend in 2005 - arrived on the Friday night to a green/brown resort with the prospect of three days in the bars. Began snowing at about 11pm on the Fri night, didn't stop until 8am on the Sunday morning - we ended up having one day skiing in te snow then 2 days of deep powder under blue skies.

Looks unlikely for my trip this coming weekend though!!
snow report
Leave the thermals at home! I think I know where your chalet is ....... from the marlow head towards the swimming pool, take a left, follow a sort of ring road round, is it on the right hand side before you loop back?
snow report
simo1234 wrote:
it is amazing how quickly things can change though. I remember a mid-April weekend in 2005 - arrived on the Friday night to a green/brown resort with the prospect of three days in the bars. Began snowing at about 11pm on the Fri night, didn't stop until 8am on the Sunday morning - we ended up having one day skiing in te snow then 2 days of deep powder under blue skies.

Looks unlikely for my trip this coming weekend though!!

You reaped the rewards of that did you. My father and me got that on our way home (annoyingly! Mad ). It snowed and snowed and snowed. They had predicted a moderate 10-15cm i think, but it absolutely dumped...right down to gronoble where the motorways were blocked off. We spent 6 hours sitting in Grenoble airport while EasyJet had to divert our plane to somewhere else...and i quote...'tried to source an aircraft that had necessary equipment to made it capable of landing in adverse weather conditions' (it has stopped snowing by then and other planes were landing and taking off quite happily)...god knows what the original plane was, maybe it was the Wright Brothers first attempt?

So, it does show anything can happen (if i remember that was about 15th April)
snow report
Quote:

Leave the thermals at home! I think I know where your chalet is ....... from the marlow head towards the swimming pool, take a left, follow a sort of ring road round, is it on the right hand side before you loop back?

It is actually on the road up to Flaine. About 1km from the centre of the village the road does the first of its sharp left hand loops - the chalet is on the outside of this bend, perched on the edge of the cliff (safely enough!). Where are you?
latest report
1km out of the center of Arraches - uphill.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Something for the weekend Sir (latest from Meteo Chance).................

vallée. DEMAIN MERCREDI 10 Courant de SW sec mais venté. - Journée dans l'ensemble ensoleillée mais fortement ventée : le vent soufflera fort sur les plaines de direction sud-ouest, rafales à 60 km/h le matin, 80/90 km/h à la mi-journée, le vent faiblit le soir, température de 7 à 13°. Des hauts nuages"cirrus" vers 7000 m voileront peu à peu le ciel dès la mi-journée. - En montagne grande douceur, mais grand vent du SW, foehn assez fort au pays du Mt Blanc Val d'Aoste : tout couvert. ISOTHERME 0 DG : 3000 m puis 2100 m le soir VENT VERS 2000 M : SW 70 km/h le matin, période à 90 km/h en mi-journée puis 60 le soir VENT VERS 4000 M : SW 70 km/h Nuit de Mercredi à jeudi : passage d'une faible perturbation donnant un ciel couvert, un peu de pluie sur Leman et un peu de neige haut chablais au-dessus de 1700 m. JEUDI 11 - Des nuages en début de matinée, un peu de pluie, faibles chutes de neige au-dessus de , 1800/2000 ensuite amélioration du temps. La journée deviendra ensoleilée, plus douce l'après-midi. Arrivée pour le soir d'une perturbation en courant de nord-ouest, un peu de neige vers 1000/1200 m. ISOTHERME 0 DG : 2100 m puis 1400 le soir VENT VERS 2000 M : NW 50 km/h VENT VERS 4000 M : NW 80 km/h TENDANCE DU VENDREDI 12 AU LUNDI 15 La situation météo est commandée par une énorme dépression au sud de l'Islande qui dirige vers les Alpes un courant de sud-ouest doux et sec pour une bonne partie de la semaine prochaine. Vendredi 12 : beaucoup de nuages en plaine en début de matinée avec de la bise. soleil en montagne, nuages locaux cumulus, vent du NW en haute montagne. Fin de semaine : temps ensoleillé. Un peu de brouillard ou stratus en plaine mais 15/16°l'après-midi. Iso 0° 2500 m, peite inversion de température du matin, pas de vent. Début de semaine : toujours doux mais soleil voilé de très hauts nuages, tendance foehn. indice de confiance 4/5
latest report
gladly my french is poor enough for me to ignore the parts about rain!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy