Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel/Kirchberg update - beware the Fleckalmbahn.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
....folks,

all i can say is BEWARE Mad - was stuck on the Fleckalmbahn last Tuesday for 3.5 hours in the middle of a (much needed) storm

.. no apology from the lift company
... half a day lost from hols
.... one very freaked out wife
..... six sets of uncomfortable bums once we got out of the cable car

...... and it was shut again for a large portion of the week .... technical problems apparently so BEWARE ....

(good week apart from that - the fresh snow on Tues/Wed at least gave a cover to much of the north facing slopes and made for some good skiing - particularly liked the runs down to Jochburg off the S3 cable car)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
doogo, some friends of mine had the same experience as you - sounded quite scary as I gather it was pretty windy too Skullie
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
doogo, My sympathies. Just about every skier will dread such a situation. We had some problems at the PSB one night in Les Deux Alpes, but the lift company had the decency to apologise to folks as they got off. At 3.5 hrs I would be wanting a bit more.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
geri, didn't want to consider the fact that the cable cars are only really hanging by a metal clasp Confused - at one point when the wind really got up our (full) six man car was really moving around and getting really close to a seriously rocking and rolling empty car stopped opposite us on the down journey - that was wayyy freaky ... still feel a little nauseous thinking about it ...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
doogo, as a many time user of the Fleckalmbahn I can say that that is not the way it usually is! I've never experienced any problems with it over the last 20 years. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but don't let it put you off or take it as the norm. It isn't.
Have fun!
Mike
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy