Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DAKINE double ski bag or HEAD 4 wheelie

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering what ski bag to get. I need one that can hold a pair of skis, poles, boots, and all my kit plus clothes for the week so I'm thinking that one designed to hold at least 2 pairs of skis would be good.
I was thinking of the Dakine Concourse wheeled bag or the HEAD MONSTER WHEELIE SKI BAG (obviously to hold my pair of Monsters wink )
Any pros or cons of those 2 and any other choices?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
just watch your weight allowance......32kg is the absolute limit, but many airlines will not accept anything over 28kg...sure someone will be along with the details of who accepts what

not sure about you or other snowHead's but i would struggle to get my clothes , ski boots and skis /poles etc to weigh less than 28kg Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you put everything in one bag and it goes missing or goes on it's own round the world trip (as has recently happened to a snowHead ) you could be stuffed in a resort for ski's and clothes Shocked
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dunno, when I rented skis, I used to get all my kit and other casual clothes into a suitace and carry a separate boot bag and the airlines never seemed to have any problems. In addition, most of the carriers, specifically for ski holidays, just tell to lob your bag on a separate area don't they (meaning that they don;t even weigh it!) ???
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They do weigh it in Heathrow. I've managed to get exactly 32Kg in my Dakine bag (it's the big snowboard one, but you can get 2 pairs of skis in it). I've not tried putting skis and boots in it, so not sure how that would work out - should fit.
Apparently BA are kindly reducing the maximum weight to 26Kg - this according to them is to "improve the airport experience" Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stuarth, BA are now on a maximum of 23kg per bag. That also seems to be your baggage allowance.

However they disregard boot bags and ski bags in this equation. So if you have a big ski bag, and a boot bag, it could get you well over double the allowance.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GordonFreeman, I think that you be pushed to get all your kit in one single bag that holds two pairs of keys.

I've got the Head Monster bag & it won't take 4 pairs of skis as advertised. It also won't take anything longer than the high 170cm's in length. I can get three pairs of skis in it if I slide the bindings off one pair. The bag is exellent in quality but quite heavy in it's own right. I don't think that these shapes of bags are the best for carting clothes & boots etc as you can't bury stuff in the middle of the bag for protection as items are never from from the edge.

I'd recommend going the wheelie holdall route that has a boot compartment at each end (the S&R one is excellent) & then a seperate ski bag - which can be a large conventional double bag (the Nevisport bag is great) if your mostly going to Europe (20kg main bag & 12kg ski bag) or the Head Monster if your going to the US (2x 23kg bags on scheduled flight).

BTW, did you get the tuning video ok?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I use an Animal Pro Double Snowboard bag. Holds enough kit for 2 weeks, 2 pairs of skis up to 185cm, boots, poles etc etc.

Worth considering the double snowboard bag option.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
GordonFreeman wrote:
Just wondering what ski bag to get. I need one that can hold a pair of skis, poles, boots, and all my kit plus clothes for the week so I'm thinking that one designed to hold at least 2 pairs of skis would be good.
I was thinking of the Dakine Concourse wheeled bag or the HEAD MONSTER WHEELIE SKI BAG (obviously to hold my pair of Monsters wink )
Any pros or cons of those 2 and any other choices?

I also have the Head Monster, it's 6kgs on its own, which severely hampers your luggage limit. I took it to NZ last Autumn and even with only one pair of skis in and kit for two weeks, it was 30kgs packed. You can get away with that if there are two of you, but not on your own. On my own I use a normal ski bag (with some protection for the skis thrown in and a big North Face trek bag, which is indestructible but a b@stard to carry
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spyderjon, I got the tuning video - thanks. It's really good actually and explains everything far better than anything I've read or seen so far...
I think I'm going to opt for the dakine double wheelie. Hopefully it will get 1 pair of skis, poles, and all my kit/clothes in for a week. I can just carry a separate boot bag and check that in as well. I think the charter flights are more lenient on these things if they have a whole plane full of ski holidayers!
I know BA allow you more, the big factor is short weekends where Ryanair/Easyjet get you there cheap but charge you a lot more on baggage...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy