Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Forward pressure indicator on Salomon S900TT bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've heard a lot said about the importance of getting the forward pressure set right when you adjust bindings for different boots. I've just bought a set of 1080's that have come with the above bindings on. I've had the bindings professionally adjusted to my boots, but to be frank it took about 2 minutes, if that. I know the Din settings right for me, but is there a way to check that the things like the forward pressure has has been set properly?

I know all the advice is that i shouldn't meddle with my bindings myself unless i'm properly trained, but having seen how little time it took to adjust my bindings, and how quickly the techs set the bindings in rental shops, i'd love to know how to check them myself so that i can be sure that they've been done properly.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lower, The forward pressure is set and indicated at the heel binding, you should have been given the leaflet with your bindings. There was a link about just this some time back, the file you need is SPM_06_web.pdf a google will find it or at least how to. It is not rocket science.
Edit: just checked it is page 14.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got that document now, thanks. Makes it very clear how the bindings should be adjusted. I'll check them tonight.

I didn't get a leaflet with the bindings because i bought the skis used. You don't want to know how little i paid for them and how good condition they are Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

thanks again.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When I bought my first skis (2004) and there wasnt time to have them done by the shop, I did them myself (Volkl/marker). But there wasnt a leaflet in the box - I assume the shop had removed it as a 'marketing' move to get me to come back. I was inexperienced back then but aided by the internet I set them up & had them checked in a shop when I got to the mountains.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Checked the bindings last night. The forward pressure was wrong on one binding, as was the toe height. The was 3mm clearnance between the boot toe and the AFD (Salomon state 0-0.5mm) and no clearance at all on the other binding. The AFD was being compressed by the boot.

I'm glad i checked. Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy