Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton -Links to Lech/Zurs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to st anton in March and am wondering wheter its possible to ski to Lech/ Zurs without an extreme off piste route. Although I am aware there are no pisted links are there any relatively easy off piste links ie not 45 degree couloirs etc? Off there in March and one of the party going says his boss says there are off piste routes that are virtually like pistes due to the amount of use. Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The only way to ski that I know of is via the Valluga 2 lift - you can only access this if accompanied by a guide. Otherwise, the free 25 minute bus between St Anton and Lech leaves about every 30 mins.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes simo1234 is right the only ski route between St Anton and Lech/Zurs is off piste from the back of the Valluga with a guide and it is a fairly serious off piste route. Your mate's boss was probably thinking of the itinerary route linking Lech to Zurs (or is it the other way around?) which is off piste but skiied by a large number of peeps.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The free bus leaves from Alpe Rauz, this has to be skied to from St Anton, I didn't do this when I was there last week but I think it requires a few lifts to get there. There is also a post bus that runs frequently from St Anton but this has to be paid for.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dan100,

Do the Valluga and come back and tell us...with pics
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JT wrote:
dan100,

Do the Valluga and come back and tell us...with pics

Hmmm-note the reference to easy off piste. I think I read somebody's review of dropping down to Lech from Valluga and got a little turned off by cliffs and steep couloirs. While off psite lessons may be an objective my off psite technique too often is turn turn faceplant where's that ski Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dan100, I know thw feeling!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The run off the back of Valluga to Zurs is seriously BC stuff. See http://www.ultimate-ski.com/uk/off_Piste/Off_Piste_in_the_Arlberg/Off_the_back/off_piste_off_the_back_Valluga.html for a description. You must have a guide and be confident/capable off piste.

As Peter Ross mentioned, there is a free bus (the "blue bus") that runs between the carpark at Alpe Rauz to Zurs/Lech. Just get to Run 17 at St Anton and ski it to the bottom. The bus can get very, very crowded at peak times, so you need to have a good Austrian queuing technique (ie be prepared to push and hold your ground).

There is also the yellow Post bus, which leaves West Terminal carpark at St Anton and stops at many places along the way to Zurs and Lech. It costs around 5 or 6 Euro return.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ulmerhutte, From the piste map http://ski.intermaps.com/skiarlberg/en_ost.html coming from St Anton it appers you have to go up the Valluga cablecar to get to run 17 or is there another way?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Last week there was not even enough snow to do this off-piste run . To little snow to fill gully,s & obstacles & also high avalanche danger.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

ulmerhutte, From the piste map http://ski.intermaps.com/skiarlberg/en_ost.html coming from St Anton it appers you have to go up the Valluga cablecar to get to run 17 or is there another way?

Peter... that is one way, but there are 2 others. They are: Schindlerkargrat, which takes you to the top of 14, which joins 17, and Arlenmahder, which takes you just above my namesake wink Ulmerhutte. Both can be accessed from the top of Galzig, then down 10, turn left, with Schindlerkargrat first on your right, and Arlenmahder further down on your left. The former is an old chair and can be quite slow when crowded, so Arlenmahder can often be a better bet.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
FYI

The Arlenmahder chair was put in to spread people out & to essentially get people over to Rauz & Stuben. This was done because The Schindlerkargrat is frequently closed in bad weather.

There was a HUGE downside to this new chair being put in. It was a T-Bar before which virtually no one ever used. You could use this T-Bar allday without crowds.
The Arlenmahder Bowl weas one of the best kept Arlberg Powder secrets . Since the new chair they have Pisted alot of the area Sad Sad

FYI2
Schindlerkargrat is the next chair to be renewed.

STOP THE BRUTAL GROOMING
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy