Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking Ski Boots On Holiday..

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bladeboy2010 wrote:
Reading the small print - as i am checking in my blades my total combined hold case and blade bag can be up to 32kg!!

Some on here would say you deserve all you get Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bladeboy2010 wrote:
Reading the small print - as i am checking in my blades my total combined hold case and blade bag can be up to 32kg!!

Some on here would say you deserve all you get Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
my brother in law just few easyjet out from Birmingham to Geneva, and back to Stansted (long boring story.....) with ski boots in his hand baggage. No problems at all.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Axsman wrote:
magic_hat, From BMIbaby's terms and conditions page:

"...The total Checked Baggage allowance is 20kg per person irrespective to the number of bags taken. If you exceed this limit you will be charged an additional £5/€8 per kilo. There is no baggage allowance for infants, although a pram/buggy will be carried free of charge. Each Passenger may check-in up to five items of checked baggage.

Yup that ruling makes me smile with Ryanair who will let you pay for 8 bags and still only allow you 20Kg, guess the bags alone would weigh that!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Okay, after reading all the info gained by searching SnowHeads - I'm now very confused :

Travelling with Easyjet soon, paid for 1 hold bag and 1 set of ski carriage.

There's two of us travelling, so does this mean I can bring the following ?

The one hold bag can weight upto 32kg(is this correct, seem a bit too good to be true), this will belong to passenger number one.
Although I've just had another look and it looks like this is only 20kg, can be increased to 32kg if you pay extra £10 per Kg!!
They can also have a carry on bag, dimension specific (cant find a max weight for it, imagine its 10-15kgs)

Second passenger whos paid for the ski carriage has a big ass ski bag, containing the 2 sets of skis 2 sets of poles.
What I want to know, and can't find details to:
Does paying for ski carriage also allow for one boot bag with boots to be included, also what about one helmet bag with helmet, as this is part of ski equipment.
Further to this, is there a max weight for the ski equipement total or one bag? the bag with 2x skis / poles weighs 14kgs, currently

Also passenger 2 has a carry on bag.

Is the above okay ?

Thanks for any info.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 14-01-10 12:53; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

They can also have a carry on bag, dimension specific (cant find a max weight for it, imagine its 10-15kgs)

Easyjet have NO max weight for carry on provided you can put it in the overhead locker unaided. Mind you one of the crew helped my wife out in this respect as we boarded the flight back from Cyprus last weekend.... EJ seem much more like a proper airline than the bus company that is Ryanair.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, It all depends on the Airport, if they let you take boots in hand luggage
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We flew with Thomsom Fly the other week, were miles over our luggage allowance - much to my annoyance (I'd dilligently weighed everything before we left home. The OH just said "bug it we'll have to pay"....... when it came to the dreaded bags on scales moment the guy at the check in desk just ignored the weight and handed over the boarding cards. Didn't have to pay a penny.

Expecting problems on the way home, and the guy at Salzburg did exactly the same. So it seems Thomson Fly really aren't too bothered about the weight limits.

Although I have told the OH to make a list of all her clothes she didn't wear so she can remember not to take them next time round rolling eyes Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What about boots separate, as hold luggage, in a boot bag? If you have paid for ski carriage, it seems to say you can take your boots too. If you can just put your boot bag in the hold, along with your ski bag and suitcase, that seems a good option.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I always travel with boots as hand luggage. Look into a Transpack bag. It's a backpack that holds boots & other equipment, but will fit on most planes as hand luggage.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We didn't take skis with us. Had three cases between three of us, and one boot bag with one pair of boots (Jnr and I hire for the time being).

Last year we took skis and the boots were included as part of the ski carriage.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
farlep99, We've done this topic a few times before, wink but just in case it saves someone the hassle we had at Chambrey last year.

The security were sending people back to check their boots when spotted on the x-ray machine. There were signs up everywhere stating that no ski boots were allowed in cabin baggage.

HTH
snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Michelle wrote:
On an EDI - LGW flight the other day I asked a guy that had said item carried as decribed above "where are you going?" meaning - where's your end destination, to use said items - after a very blank look I got the answer of: "Gatwick" Laughing Laughing

He may of course have just been a bit confused by your assumptive question and rather tired out by some epic skiing in Scotland. wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Here's one of the other discussions with some other trouble airports but really it comes down to how the staff feel on the day:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=56610#1361908

The actual regulations are listed in one of the threads but as it doesn't specifically mention ski boots it's down to interpretation...

and if you think ski boots are troublesome, trying carrying a sports parachute!
Blush
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy