Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap snowboarding in switzerland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife and I are looking to go to Switzerland from the U.K sometime this month or next but want/need to do it on the cheap. First of all, can any recommend somewhere good to go, we'd be flying in from geneva, anywhere with good off-piste runs? Also, is it better to hire a car and look for accomodation there or book a hotel beforehand, where's the best place to rent gear and get ski passes etc. Only boarded in asia, and so know nothing, and my excitement is preventing me from finding this stuff out. If anyone can help, it would be very appreciated. Thanks and take care

john
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you are looking at doing it on the cheap.....look into hotels that are in the valley rather than the resort.

Tasch is 15 mins from Zermatt on the train, but loads cheaper (there is nothing there though!!)
Saas Grund is far cheaper than Saas Fee, and is a 5 min bus ride (not too good for off piste as it is a glacier)
etc etc

Don't commit to car rental unti you have decided where to go. Many resorts in Switzerland are an easy train journey away.....and that will probably save you money.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
butteredscone, I would look into all those less well known places in Canton Valais like Zinal, Grimentz and many others. They have good verticals and cheaper lift tickets. If you look on the resort websites you should find deals including accommodation and lift tickets. You will need to go before the Swiss holidays start in mid February.

http://www.valais.ch/en/navpage.cfm?category=WinterVS
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey there.

I went last year to Laaax (last year seems so long ago, last March)..

A group of us stayed at Riders Palace http://www.riderspalace.ch/en/

Pretty cool place. Lift passes are included in the accomodation. There isn't much in the village at all, but enough to keep you occupied for a week. The accomodation is about less than 5 mins to the lifts, good riding area with lots of hits, off piste, a great park, and even huts on the mountain to ride over!

Def check it out. I would give it a 9 out of 10 for what it offers at the price!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not often that "Switzerland" and "cheap" occur in the same sentence! If you are flying into Geneva do not discount the big French areas near there such as Chamonix, Megeve, Flaine. I am not a boarder so I can't give you too much specific info - but Chamonix has some amazing off piste.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Trenmold, many of the "big French areas" are more expensive than parts of Switzerland. Of all my trips last year, the one that cost me most was the week in Val T.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
some areas here have offers on with washing powder (jungfrau region and the zinal region for sure), buy a load of it and you get a free day ski pass when you buy a normal price day card, so effectively 2 for 1.
I think it's persil. Puzzled
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy