Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski School Recommendations in Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,
Please go gentle with a newbie. We are off to Les Menuires at the end of February and the wife would like to go to ski school for the mornings. She is an early intermediate level skier, but she is really struggling on short turns and needs to get some more confidence. Smile

Can anyone recommend a good ski school in Les Menuires or if need be - Val Thorens?

Thanks in advance ! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CarlT,

We have always found that Magic in Motion or Adrenalin are generally good schools. Don't know if thre is one of these over there but there is defo MiM in Meribel.

Whatever you do try to avoid ESF as I have heard so many bad reports about them. The tourist office www.valthorens.com shouldhave info about all the ski schools (and they speak good english if you ring them up - I was in there last week picking up a piste map for EoSB to plan my attack)

You might also consider if you'd be better off w ith some one to one tuition. I have found this to be far and away the best way to imrpove my skiing - book two half days though rather than a full day as to get the most out of it you might want to consolidate with practice in between and it can be very tiring. I had 9-4 with an instructor in Verbier a couple of weeks ago and he said that most of his clients are tired out after lunch.

good luck
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you do decide to go for one to one tuition, Chantal Hudry at the ESF in Les Menuires is the best instructor I've ever used.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy