Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Adelboden and Kranska Gora

Poster: A snowHead
I haven't had a chance to watch today's slaloms yet (hope my video worked), but did watch 2 absolutely stunning GSs yesterday. That Adelboden course is really incredible. As usual, a fair number went out in the first run, but the second run was really exciting, with so many failing to beat the leader right up until the end. My hero is back to his winning ways, but Axel Lund is still the top bunny overall. Hell of a GS skier for a huge guy.

Kranska Gora - if you didn't see it - YOU SHOULD HAVE! Chemmy got 3rd on the first run - totally amazing - we didn't see it, maybe tomorrow night on Nick's channel 4 prog? Didn't quite do as well in the second run, but still finished 16th (I think) - WOW - she's not supposed to be good at GS - her season just gets better and better and more and more surprising. She's really beginning to look like a serious contender.
CONGRATULATIONS CHEMMY
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski, Are WC races shown on French TV ? I'm away from home now so can't watch Eurosport.

I wonder if Chemmy is getting WC GS starts because she has more than a certain number of overall points.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rjs, Some races are shown on TF1 and TF2/3, but the coverage is pretty woeful considering. TV guides are about €1 so it's worth the investment to check it out. Eurosport is also on Canal+ and both French satellite chains.

I was thinking the same thing about her starts. All the points are good though, aren't they. She's really coming to herself now - what a difference a foot op makes!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski, watched to Saturday mens GS absolutely awesome race forgot to tape today's but have taped the ski Sunday for later on.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Saw Chemmy's 2nd run....still a good overall position for her in GS
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, The mens Salom is well worth watching
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Saw her 2nd run. Boy, she looked tense and nervy in the start gate (mind you, who wouldn't?). Seemed to ski the first half really well and I thought I was looking at a little bit of history in the making. Sadly a few ragged turns and one big line error changed all that. Still, she will have scared (yet again) the bigger names and proven to herself that it can be done. I'm sure there's a podium in the offing soon.

Watched it on Eurosport... JC was commentating on the men's sadly so some eeejit with no knowledge of the sport wittered on while the ladies got on with it. Had to turn the sound off after he referred to poles as "posts" and suggested that the course suited small women!! There were other wonderful gaffes and mispronounciations. Anyone else die from cringeing?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller, Yes, the commentator was dreadful! Elspeth Goergl, Hoolia Mancuso, Florence De Leymarie (and Lindsey Kid-low in today's slalom) stuck in my mind rolling eyes , who? I yelled at the telly, others I forget but there were more. The worse gaffe though was telling us that Kathrin Zettel was on course doing really well in her run. Who? Now apart from the fact that Zettel has an extremely recognisable style of skiing and even I could tell it wasn't her, the competitor on the hill (sorry, name escapes me) wasn't even wearing an Austrian suit Shocked . And he didn't even see that!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
best was referring to the terrific resort of Kransjka Gora in SLOVAKIA...!

fair dues tho he recognised his maistake and joked how much it bothered people in Slovenia as it's apparently a common mistake Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The other guy that annoys me is the one called Mike who seems to be John Clark's co-commentator. He clearly knows nothing whatsoever about the sport and constantly tries to keep up with JC's knowledge and is condescending to the world's best skiers... "oh dear, she was edging too hard there!" I'd much rather just have one qualified commentator. If Eurosport are tuning in to this, can you please just put JC back on his own.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

If Eurosport are tuning in to this, can you please just put JC back on his own.

and bin the other Tw@t
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CEM wrote:
Quote:

If Eurosport are tuning in to this, can you please just put JC back on his own.

and bin the other Tw@t

Hear, hear. the one that really got me was that their skis were always too far apart - he went so far as to say at one point in the slalom that someone's skis were together "where they should be". Andy Freshwater did some commentary last year and was fine as was ? who worked with JC earlier this season - Eurosport - get your act together!!

men's slalom was fab - finally watched the second run this morning before work - am going to watch it again in a minute - wow - staggering stuff, and how fantastic for Switzerland to have a home winner, and all that fuss last year from certain Snowheads about racers making a show of themselves - that race really showed how much it means to win your first WC event. Fantastic.

Bode Swiller don't get too carried away - a podium is probably at least another season away for Chemmy ... it takes years - but she's looked way good, and it does begin to look as though she might get there. GS is not her thing so 16th is bloody fantastic! Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Im sure Chemmy's improvements have a lot to do with putting right the foot problems that plagued her last year lets hope she can continue and carry the momentum forward.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski,
Quote:

Bode Swiller don't get too carried away

I'll get carried away if I like thanks very much wink. Konrad was just inside the world's top 30 when he podiumed. Chemmy's better placed and in more disciplines. Based on her 7th, could happen in combined. I bet you 50p it happens this season... SuperG. I'm now off to check what odds I can get from Bet and Win (www.bwin.com) on Chemmy for this week-end's races. Gotta lay this big bet off. I'll report back.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bode Swiller, 50p it is! I would rather she moves up gradually and consistently. It's great to have one tremendous result, but better to be in a position to do it more than once. It takes time - she's doing great- but think of the apalling press pressure if she podiums "out of the blue" as it were. Regular top 10's this season would be magic IMO, followed by top 5s next year!! Go Chemmy. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
easiski, I got onto the nice Austrian folks at Bet and Win and they've added Chemmy to the starting prices for Altenmarkt this week-end https://www.bwin.com/betsnew.aspx?SportID=9. She's 100:1 to win, 30:1 to podium. I happen to think the 30:1 is well worth a 10 Euro flutter. That way I'd be in by a few hundred quid minus 50p.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, Shame we won't be able to watch it as it's in Austria - I wish the Austrian fed would get their act together and think of the rest of Europe. Sad Sad Twisted Evil
ski holidays
easiski, with the high temperatures, Altenmarkt's low altitude and the rain, I wouldn't be surprised if this race gets canned anyway. If it goes ahead it could be a lottery and the early starters (that'll be our girl) will have a distinct advantage... get shining that 50p (I'll take 5 x 10p as well)
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, My problem is that I now deal almost exclusively with proper money = the euro!
snow report
Chemmy's comments from the race. Borrowed from natives

http://www.natives.co.uk/do/ecco.py/view_item?listid=9&listcatid=39&listitemid=2598&
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy