Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot fitting recommendation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not sure if this is the right place for this post but no doubt it will get hoovered up by our trusty admin and moved if not...

Just got back from Meribel and my skiing has improved so much I am now starting to notice where the problems are and they relate almost entierly to difficulties with my right turn. Went into freeride.fr at Le Tremplin in Meribel (overlooks the outdoor swimming pool - above Jacks bar) where they offer free boot fitting consultations with a menu from the Cactus Cafe. You have to make an appointment for this - which immediately alerted me to the fact that they were serious about boot fitting.

After a long consultation we diagnosed that I have one knee that cants in when I bend my knees into a skiing position and this is probably affecting my turning. They attempted to adjust my existing boots but they did not have the inward cant adjustement that I needed and I did end up buying new boots. They also said that I was sold the wrong boots by Snow and Rock Bristol 3 years ago as I have very narrow feet and was sold a boot with a high volume foot. Hence they have never really given me much control.

I then took my new boots back for minor adjustments over the next couple of days. They offer a one year comfort guarantee so you can have your new boots adjusted as many times as it takes to get them to fit - but you probably won't need much as they are very very good at what they do. They new boots and footbeds and associated adjustments have made a big difference to my skiing but not ironed out the problems entirely and Buck (their manager) has refererd me on to a biomechanical expert in London.

The shop is staffed entirely by English staff and I will certainly be going back there again (although I probably won't need to) - but they did say come in and say hello when I'm in Val T for EOSB inApril. They also have a shop in Courcheval and a web presence at www,.freeride.fr

One very happy customer
Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can echo what was posted above. My wife and I went to Freeride in Meribel at Christmas as we were both having problems with our boots:
Hers were allowing her foot to move, mine were causing really bad bruising to my shins.

Turns out our 2 year old boots were too big for us and we ended up having new boots custom-fitted. Again, a couple of visits over the following couple of days for "fine tuning". Buck and his team were fantastically helpful (hot tea anyone).

We also used their "ski testing" service - tried 5 pairs of skis each over a couple of days and ended up picking our new skis up on Christmas Day morning.

In these days of declining customer service, its refreshing to find a business that cares for its customers ! snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads CarlT snowHead - its always good to hear of good service Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Free boot fitting sounds like a great deal. I only wish there was something similar in the UK - here in London it costs a small fortune to get boots professionally fitted. I nearly had a misadventure earlier this year when I booked in for a fitting and then discovered shortly before going that the cost was going to be about £130. Errrrr???! I cancelled quite quickly after that.....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cathy wrote:
Welcome to snowHeads CarlT snowHead - its always good to hear of good service Very Happy

Thanks Cathy - been a lurker for a while Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That sounds good, I need my boots sorting cos they're too narrow for my feet, and the shop's in Val T where I'm hopefully off for the EOSB
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CarlT, nice to see you 'out' wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
crazy_skier_jules,

You'll need a day out Jules as their shops are in Meribel and Courcheval - but if you ring ahaead and book an appointment they'll give you tea
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowcat, ouchies, no transport - ah well, maybe another time. i'm sure my feet can put up with my boots lol
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
crazy_skier_jules wrote:
snowcat, ouchies, no transport - ah well, maybe another time. i'm sure my feet can put up with my boots lol

Ski over ? Puzzled
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
robertsnerys, lockwoods in leamington are very good and free fitting. Skee-tex (see thread lower down) on the east side of london also seemed fine and stock a wide range of cheap boots.

Profeet are the only company I've run into so far that charge on top of the boot price/foot bed price etc, even in london.

aj xx
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
crazy_skier_jules,

Yes just ski over - its the only sensible way and don't take too long - weather permitting... Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy