Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 valleys

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from Meribel

All 3 valley links open now after snow and high winds (from the NW) earlier in the week. Almost all lifts and pistes now also open with some noteable exceptions. We badly needed the snow but even now some of the steeper runs are icy again and also some of the blues down to the bottom stations are becoming difficult to ski - icy lumps and sticky crud.

Mont Vallon only just opened on Friday aand yesterday they had only the left hand run open. Avalanche risk yesterday was 3 and more snow is forecast for later in the week (Thursday).

Some off piste available - for example heading down from the Coqs chair in Coucheval - ski the trees but avoid the rocks and bare patches - also heading off along the ridge behind or directly down from the Olympic chair in Meribel - although the off piste is now getting heavier and harder to ski. The run down into Les Meunieres still not open from top of Olympic. The Face only just opened, Piste M still closed but very skiable with soft bumps

In Val T Moraine lift now open but the Col lift up on to the glacier is still closed due to lack of snow cover

In Courcheval the Grand Couloir and the next one along are both skiable and getting heavy now but the approach is pretty scarey (if you don't like exposure like me)

Thats all folks - my next report probably from La Thuile at end of Jan
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cheers Snowcat, off to 3V in 4 days and counting
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowcat, thanks for the report. We're off to 1850 on 27th, so it is good to know conditions are improving.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

so it is good to know conditions are improving

well they improved with the new snow this last week but with a very warm week ahead, I wonder how well the slopes will hold up? I shall be interested to hear docsquid and jonathancarty because if it gets a bit slushy here I might try a trip over to Val Thorens which should hold up better than most? I have done the Courchevel and Meribel Valleys but don't know VT.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
we're in Les Menuires this week, did the run into La Tania today. It snowed all day, the conditions are pretty good, limited off pistes but there is plenty to be found. Up top the snow is beautiful, it's basically the runs back into the resorts that are getting beat up and you have to watch out for the occasional rocks. The runs back into Val tho are a little icy but not bad at all. We've gone to all 3 valleys and it hasn't been even the slightest of problem. Will post a full trip report once we're out of here!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
good summary, thanks.... snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spent 2 weeks over Xmas in Val Thorens - left on 6th Jan. Conditions improved considerably after 2 days of snow and the weather was mostly great - sunny and warm. More like skiing in March than Jan. We didn't bother skiing the rest of the three Valleys, as it looked as if Val Thorens had by far the best conditions.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy