Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

America @ Christmas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking about spending our Family christmas 2007 skiing in America. Me, wife son (8yrs) Daughter (16mths).
Any reccomendations as far as resorts go would be greatfully received. My wife and are are both reasonable skiers and we anticipate a mix of ski school and skiing with mum & dad for our son. Creche is obviously a neccessity, as is reasonable temperatures, value for money and as close to the slopes as possible, (don't want much do we! Laughing )
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Duncans, Welcome to snowHead , here's some advice I was given while planning an aborted Xmas 2006 trip HERE , while other good folks will undoubtedly add more.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
colorado or utah......it's all good.

you'll get so very much info. i think at times too much. imho each resort has advantages and disadvantages. what you will find is good snow.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
From the perspective of a parent of a 3 year old....

The Duncans, have you thought about Whistler? We have been every year since our daughter was born - so 4.5 months, 16 months, 26 months and she's 38 months now (we're going on Friday) I have been really pleased with the range of childcare available although up until now we've mainly used one of the babysitting services (The Nanny Network) and Baby's on the Go have been extremely useful for equipment hire (from cots - or cribs as they call them over there, highchairs, and sterilisers through to 3-wheeler joggers and toys) The nannies come to your condo and are $16 per hour for up to 2 children. They would probably do drop off and/or pick up from ski school too.

The skiing in Whistler is amazing but there are downsides. Yes, lots of people go on about the rain in the village but it's never been bad enough to put me off - this will be trip number 9 and we were there for 3 months last season. It's a long flight to Western Canada (10 hours) and the transfer is another 2. For the last 3 years we've stayed at the Fairmont at the airport for the first night - you can get good deals if you book online and I think we paid £50 the first time. Also there is not much in the way of ski-in/ski-out but the bus shuttle service is free and very frequent (I'm a convert) Our daughter loves the bus too so it's good from a novely point of view.

Another option for Canada that I have experience of is Silver Star. We stayed at the Silver Star Club Resort and it is a short walk to the childrens' centre which I found to be excellent. They have a small training area for little ones right outside that they use for snow play too. The carers that we met were all lovely. It's also ski-in/ski-out and has a highly recommended ski school with a high number of level 4 instructors (the highest level of ski school instructor in Canada) The downside is that it's small with not as many restaurants/bars etc but it's very friendly and there are plenty of challenging and intermediate runs.

Both resorts have mountain hosts who will give you a orientation tour and fill you in on where the good snow is.

Feel free to ask any questions - sorry if I've rambled on a bit. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy