Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A funny thing happened on the way to Grenoble.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just thought this might make some of you smile as we approach what is reported as the most depressing day of the year- we are still chuckling...
Got to the main bus stop on the Friday we were coming home from our trip to LDA just before Christmas and there had been a couple of guys walking up with us - well being me (bit chatty to put it politely) I asked if they had had a good week etc and where they had stayed - Cote Brun hotel next to the apartments we had stayed in. They had seen friend of on bus on Wed so knew what they were looking for - then the conversation went like this:
man 'of course it might be busy today as its Saturday'
me: no its Friday
him: no its Saturday
me: no its Friday 22nd
all check watches for dates
him: that explains why hotel bill for only 6 nights not 7 !!!
us: mmmmmm
2 men set off with all their gear back to hotel looking a bit embarrassed

Well better a day early than late. Think they were pleased to find out before getting to the airport!!

If they are snowHead we may get an update on what happened next!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Late starter - I have to admit to having done the same thing myself...

I checked out of the hotel to a "Are you sure everything was ok Mr Stanton".

Caught the train to Zurich.

Got to the airport three hours before the flight - but thought I'd try and check in anyway.

"You're early Mr Stanton"

'I know, but is it possible to check in anyway'

"I'm sorry, we can only check you in 23 hours in advance - you'll have to wait four hours"

'But my flights in three hours'

"Well, actually Mr Stanton, it's in 27 hours"

'This is Thursday 23rd?'

"No, Wednesday 22nd"

'You're kidding'

(Produces calendar)

"No, sorry sir"

'Ah...'

Bless them, they stuck me on the next flight and upgraded me for free.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PhillipStanton, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Brilliant story to tell tho I don't suppose it was funny at the time. Is it something about all that mountain air that distorts time? Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PhillipStanton wrote:
Late starter - I have to admit to having done the same thing myself...

I checked out of the hotel to a "Are you sure everything was ok Mr Stanton".

Caught the train to Zurich.

Got to the airport three hours before the flight - but thought I'd try and check in anyway.

"You're early Mr Stanton"

'I know, but is it possible to check in anyway'

"I'm sorry, we can only check you in 23 hours in advance - you'll have to wait four hours"

'But my flights in three hours'

"Well, actually Mr Stanton, it's in 27 hours"

'This is Thursday 23rd?'

"No, Wednesday 22nd"

'You're kidding'

(Produces calendar)

"No, sorry sir"

'Ah...'

Bless them, they stuck me on the next flight and upgraded me for free.

excellent mate very funny, prob not at the time though
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
2 excellent stories Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i'd be devastated...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've got a friend who was flying from US to Italy with a change at Heathrow. Was somewhat annoyed to discover at Heathrow that the travel agent had mixed up with time zones and the planned 3 hour wait was more like 17
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Got an overnight ferry back from France one year - only inadvertantly overstayed by a day....

Got to the port 9.00pm - let me on fine - then went to get cabin.... of course it didn't exist.

Had a row with them until they 'found' another cabin for us and they then apologised for their mistake....!

Only when we got home did we realise our (my) mistake
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I did the same thing once too. I turned up at Venice Treviso a day early... . After a really embarrassing conversation with the check-in agent, I turned around and got the lovely Ryanair bus back to Venice for another night. I love Venice so not too much of a hardship and, ahhh, for the days before actually having a proper job when being a day late really didn't matter too much!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy