Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go next year?

Poster: A snowHead
me and the good lady have been going to Sierra Nevada for the past 6 years last year we also went to Andorra with our 2 year old (plus grandparent)
next year she will be 4(daughter not grandparent wink ) and i want her to learn to ski, we don't want to go to Sierra Nevada as it is to cold for her, we really enjoyed Andorra but i have been looking at Meribel & Mottaret anyone out there any other ideas. cheers
Jase snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jase2472, You could look at Les Gets in the Portes du Soleil. Very family-friendly, short transfer from Geneva (welcome after the transfers to Andorra?), good variety of accommodation, real 'village' atmosphere and facilities for non-skiers. P.M me if you'd like more info snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
At the risk of being pilloried, La Rosiere is very family friendly. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

At the risk of being pilloried, La Rosiere

Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
La Norma- excellent small resort with easy access from the motorway and less than one and a half hours from the airport ie Chambery,the resort is perfect for families with no cars in the centre of the resort and is very children baised,theres hardly any brits and the place has a great atmosphere.La norma shares a joint lift pass with Aussois and Valfrejus giving 160 kms of quiet pistes at a bargin price of £86 ,escape the crap package holiday resorts with their uniformily boring overcrowed pistes and you will have the time of your lives !
ps if you go to La Norma access to 3 valleys to val Thorns is 10 mis away at Orelle however i would strongly advise vists to Bonneval sur Arc and Les Karrellis which are both magic or theres allways another 20 resorts you can vist in the maurienne valley!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jase2472, tomf, The 2 D'Arves resort (St Jean and St Sorlin) in the Maurienne are also worth a look
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anniepen i intended to try St Sorlin and St Jean at xmas but time wasnt available will hopefully vist next christmas,what i also failed to mention is from La Norma you are only 10 minutes to the frejus tunnel and access to Bardonnecciha and the milky way resorts,by the way i didnt mean all package tour resorts are bad its just the main tour operators dont offer choice and when you are restricted by school holidays the mega resorts might offer huge ski areas but they also are extremley crowded and most offer the same wide dull treeless busy pistes which isnt what i belive most people want it is what they are told they want.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kramer wrote:
At the risk of being pilloried, La Rosiere is very family friendly. Very Happy

why whats wrong with there snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jase2472,
Quote:

why whats wrong with there

Nothing at all but it was very heavily promoted on snowHead 's at one time by someone with a vested interest and became a standing joke. It was and is an excellent ski area suitable for a variety of skiers.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cheers for that buddy snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jase2472, La Rosiere, in my epxerience is superb for kids, but there again so are a lot of other places, some of which have already been mentioned. If you are worried by the cold perhaps choose the latter part of March, or even later.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you want your kids to fall in love with skiing go to Colorado, Winter Park or Breckenridge. Seems to be the one of the few places you can guarantee snow. Won't say it's the warmest place in the world but I've never felt particularly cold.

Ski-school is guaranteed to be in perfect (American) English. Kids classes usually run all day, include lunch, and are really well supervised.

I've worked in La Rosiere and they have a good ski school, but it's only half day.

Major downside would be the length of the flight, but at least your not skiing on mud!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This thread is very worrying. It is only 7 days into 2007 and the thread title is asking about next year, ie 2008!. There are lots of skiing opportunities left in 2007.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I would love to ski N.America/Canada but having to fly from Heathrow/Gatwick and then a long flight etc put me off. Unless you are lucky enough to have the time and cash to be able to go for a couple of weeks then it seems a bit too far.

What are the transfer times like from the airports?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Adrian wrote:
This thread is very worrying. It is only 7 days into 2007 and the thread title is asking about next year, ie 2008!. There are lots of skiing opportunities left in 2007.

already sorted this years trip out snowHead
latest report
With a four year old I don't think they would manage all day ski school. That may not be a problem for you if the grandparent is happy to pick up from ski school at lunchtime, otherwise your skiing day will have to fit around that.
We went to Vaujany this Christmas, which has a short transfer (1.5 hours from Grenoble), good childcare (Petits Montagnards - French award for resorts good for little ones may be worth investigating other resorts which also have this?), good ski-ing locally including lovely nursery slope with good restaurants and easily accessible for grandparent if non skiing, and for you to ski down to from cable car to meet up with child after ski school. There is easy access to Alpe d'Huez ski-ing, and a swimming pool/leisure centre in the village for the grandparent and/little one. Small French village, pretty.
ski holidays
jase2472, we've spent the last 3 years in Vallandry - is family focused i.e. its quiet and no night life! Or kids are 6 and 4 and have been well catered for over the years with New Generation and Darentasia for ski school and Tom Pouce for nursery care when not skiing.

From Vallandry have easy access to Les Arcs ski area.

Is a choice of accommodation in area from Club Med to catered chalets (Ski Beat) to self catered appartments.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy