Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens vs Alpe D'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been to D'Huez last couple of seasons anyone got opinions of Val Thorens relative to Alpe D'huez.

cheers,

Andy.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Andy4467, Welcome to snowHead 's
I have skied Val T but not Alpe D'huez so can't comment but I am sure others will be along with the information you require snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Andy4467, welcome to snowHeads.

i've only skied Val T as well, so can't compare them either.

I'm sure there are those on here that have skied both, but maybe it would be easier if you said what sort of thing are you after, then people could say whether Val T fitted that.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Andy4467, welcome to snowHead

In high season, you 'd have the rest of the 3V's which is worth a look around if you like motorway skiing. Mount Vallon is a nice hill and not so far.
My personal choice would be ADH by far, but then I might look at different things.

If you want lots ...(and lots) of mileage then pick VT and the 3 V's, the village is quite compact, if you want to more interesting sking, for me, go ADH.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Andy4467, I've skied VT many times, but only skied ADH once. I may have been unlucky, but when I was in ADH the snow was disappointing (surprisingly slushy in January) and as a result I haven't been back. VT is a bit of a personal favourite. As Ray Zorro says, if you could give us a bit more of an idea as to what you're looking for in a resort it would be easier to comment.

Welcome to snowHeads snowHead .
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Personally I'd definately vote Val Thorens. But like Alastair, I think I must have caught ADH at a bad time as generally it seems very popular. We found the same poor snow conditions plus crowded slopes, a memorable mogulled green/blue run home and a suprising lack of mileage/variety available. I also found the steeply sloped/multi level town to be a bit hard to love, it seemed very quiet when we were there.

In contrast VT had lots of cruising runs, convienient slopeside accomodation and easy to find bars, which is pretty much exactly what I ask for in a resort wink

That said I went to VT in april with my uni ski club, and ADH in late jan with only a couple of friends so it's not a straightforward comparison by any means.

As someone else mentioned, what are you looking for?

aj xx
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks vey much for the replies.
We have now booked VT for 1 week starting 17th march.
I fancied VT over ADH because it should be snowsure in late March, ski in ski out almost evrywhere, compact village, access to the 3Val and also wanted to try somewhere new. We don't normally go this late in the season which consequently led me to VT's high alltitude snow.
ADH was great for the beginners in our group with plenty of choice. I could pick out minor irritations about ADH but on the whole it suited our mixed ability/age group.
Once again thanks for the replies.
I'll probably be asking a few more questions before march...!

Cheers,

Andy.

wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Andy4467, where are you staying?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We chose les Balcons:
http://www.les-balcons.com/uk/?rep=val_thorens
They have there own car park which might be handy for loading/unloading cars etc.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy