Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"The year without a winter"

Poster: A snowHead
More evidence of the shocking time to come.

http://cbs5.com/topstories/topstories_story_006003108.html

If its 70 in New York you can bet its going to be the same issue for the whole northern hemisphere.

rolling eyes Sad Mad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
.. and by the middle of the month , forecasters are suggesting the whole country will be the middle of artic weather ... so what !
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agenterre wrote:
.. and by the middle of the month , forecasters are suggesting the whole country will be the middle of artic weather ... so what !

The Daily Express (and Mail) are but nobody else is. Trust me snow in Shetland is about as much as we can expect. The signs beyond middle of next week are very warm and very wet.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lisach, I wasn't clear .. I meant they were forecasting that for the US of A ...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lisach,

Understand that is you start a forum that doesn't suggest a great winter, great weather, great conditions or that global warming is actually happening people don't like it and will dismiss what you have to say Mr. Green
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
NorthWestFace, That's rubbish! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agenterre wrote:
lisach, I wasn't clear .. I meant they were forecasting that for the US of A ...

Yes but again its media reports. Those that really know are suggesting mild mush and non-season in the US North East too whatever Ski Lodge owners might like to suggest.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NorthWestFace, Bollox .. I (obviously can not speak for others) only dismiss erroneously-derived 'facts' from those who draw their conclusions from poor or incorrect data and information. Toofy Grin

lisach,
Quote:

Those that really know are suggesting mild mush

not quite sure who you mean.. I was simply referring to some (not all) of the predictive models for Jan 16th to end of the month (for the US) .... that they may well be incorrect I can readily beieve !! wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lisach wrote:

If its 70 in New York you can bet its going to be the same issue for the whole northern hemisphere.

rolling eyes Sad Mad

not wanting to be pedantic, but is the west coast of america and canada not in the northern hemisphere too? They seem to be having better and better seasons. shame its so far away!

must admit tho, it does not look good for scotland, but im a big walker too and can appreciate the beuty of mountains white or green (white is better tho!)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
And in colorado they've had record snow falls - All us on the ground are reporting quite faithfully what we see, and this "no snow" business is getting patently ridiculous, especially after last week's dumps! Mad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It is just weather!

In 1974 Telluride was open for 12 days all season because of no snow.
All of Colorado had a nightmare that year.

Was that the peak of global warming?
Of course not! It was just weather.

This has not yet been a vintage snow year, a bit below average.
Averages are made up of a number of years, of which half are above average and half below.
So we are in the bottom half.

So flippin what?!

It's just weather!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rungsp, absolutely. We've been totally spoiled the last several winters in Europe. I well remember 3 almost snowless winters on the trot around 1990 (and there were a few in the 80s too). This was before blanket coverage of snow making and before anyone mentioned global warming. Looking back, it was quite common to turn up to a resort and only have lifts open from mid station up. The only snow report we got was on the bus from the airport. The snow maintenance was dreadful compared to today. We had heavy, straight, long skis, furry moonboots, moustaches and spangly one pieces, mirrorerd shades, bum bags and pink poles. But we all pulled and went home happy.

People who amaze me are those who book packages for Christmas months in advance. Christmas has ALWAYS been touch & go just that recent history has fooled some into believing it is always thigh deep in pow.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I
Quote:

Understand that is you start a forum that doesn't suggest a great winter, great weather, great conditions or that global warming is actually happening people don't like it and will dismiss what you have to say

I think many people on this forum will tend to dismiss any guesswork about the likely weather conditions over the next few months. Nobody knows, and that's the inescapable truth. The difference between meteorologists aqnd others is that the former know they don't know. If someone started a thread saying "Great conditions in Utah, gonna be the best season ever", that'd be dissed too. But saying that the short term weather will not necessarily be warm all winter is absolutely not the same as trying to deny global warming, which is about longer term climatic changes, not whether we'll have nice snow next week. We'll just have to wait and see. It's certainly warmer tonight though.... well above freezing as darkness falls at 1500m.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bode Swiller,
...and today I have :-
Quote:

heavy, long skis
Tick
Quote:

furry moonboots
Tick
Quote:

one pieces
Tick
Quote:

mirrorerd shades
Tick
Quote:

pink poles
Tick
Quote:

went home happy
Tick .. BUT
Quote:

we all pulled
Sad Sad Sad Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad rolling eyes
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Agenterre, and I thought you'd only recently taken up skiing?! Puzzled
ski holidays
lisach wrote:
Agenterre wrote:

Yes but again its media reports. Those that really know are suggesting mild mush and non-season in the US North East too whatever Ski Lodge owners might like to suggest.

I was just looking at the latest Meteo France statement which was reported in the French media as "2006 Third Warmest Year, Ever!". The summer was a big heatwave but only killed about 2 old folk this time although apparently took 3 meters depth of the glaciers and autumn was very warm. However when I looked at the figures measurements don't go back that far and they use the period 1970-2000 as the baseline average. I wonder what the figures would look like with a longer baseline average? Would this make 2006 look warmer or colder?

It seems that apart from ice-core work we are looking at very small samples for our climate predictions.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy