Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Question for PG

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Embarassed Embarised to have to ask, bit too Brits abroad but then what the hell. Am in Les Arcs at Christmas and two of the Party are some what obsessing over what they will get for a Christmas day meal (bless). So what does the typical restaurant in that area do on the big day (if anything other than their normal menu? And will anyone ofthe restauranst pander to teh brits abroad and offer the full roast and trimings bit? Sorry PG I was forced!!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris M-J, while we wait for PG to get back from glacier skiing in Tignes, here's some general info about Noel in France. I've not been there at Christmas time but I'm guessing that if you are going with a British Tour Operator who have a significant number of guests in the hotel, or full occupancy of a chalet, you have a better chance of getting what you expect. Brochures generally mention some sort of special meals for Xmas / New Year.
Restaurants ??? Maybe rather more of what the locals want. Perhaps Flying Squirrel could do you a 'special' in his bar in Plan Piesey. Wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That site sums it up pretty well, a bit different to home in that there's more variety in general, as well as regional specialities. Oysters, foie gras etc often put in an appearance at some point over the Christmas period. Always amazes me that the French manage not only to get through the huge Christmas Eve meal but then follow it up with one of equal amplitude the following lunchtime. An example of regional variations can be seen in the "13 desserts" you are supposed to sample at the end of the Réveillon meal on Christmas Eve in Provence - there's some info about this here:

http://eausalee.alpesprovence.net/13desserts.htm

Where are you intending to go for lunch? If possible I would try to book a table down in Bourg Saint Maurice (nip down in the funicular, 7 mins) at the Refuge, one of the best restaurants in the area....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We will probably be on the slopes at lunch. Was hoping for a normal days skiing then have an evening Christmas meal. Will we be more likely to get a Christmas meal at lunchtime? We are staying in 1800 in a s/c apnt, so its a restaurant or we cook it ourselves, which would be fun given the size of the kitchen...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you're staying in 1800, I'd book up at the Aiguille Grive.... Charmettoger end of the resort... traditional Savoyard fare...

http://www.aiguille-grive.com/winter
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy