Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Venosc (for Les 2 Alpes)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have now booked flights for a break in the Feb half term and am intending skiing in Les 2 Alpes (lessons booked with easiski) and thinking on accommodation.

As it will be just me and the 3 Zits on this trip, I'm not to bothered on the comfort factor. I have got an option on a 6-berth chalet that is only £300 for the week in Venosc. (I am a real lover of cheap deals).

Some questions.
Is there anything to do in Venosc after skiing (particularly that kids (16, 15, 11 might like)? (thinking here, swimming, bowling, sledging, ice-skating etc)
How far is the drive to Les 2 Alpes and are the roads kept reasonably clear for an evening trip in?
Anyone else stayed there and got any comments on Venosc?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ray Zorro, I have not stayed there but it is a fairly long drive to lda you are effectively driving right round the base of the mountain to come up the other side, it is far more practical to use the venosc lift, if you drive in the evening the main road should be clear, the road to venosc is fairly low and not very hilly so it should remain passable. Have a good trip snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pistemeister, thanks snowHead .

The reason I asked about the drive is that I think the lift closes about 7:00, so if we wanted to go for the evening, we'd have to go by car.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ray Zorro, If you are going out for the evening Alpe d'Huez is roughly the same distance from Venosc, Serre chevalier/Briancon would take about an hour, hour and a half.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last lift runs at 19:00. Drive from Venosc to 2Alpes approx 30 mins, to ADH likewise, to Bourg d'Oisans 15mins. (I know all this because I habitually park the car at Venosc and commute by telecabine, having researched the options.)

I can't think of anything to do in Venosc of an evening (other than put your feet up and drink wine, which may not necessarily be suitable for your offspring). There's not a vast amount of entertainment in Bourg d'Oisans either, other than feeding the municipal ducks. You could always take lots of board games etc.

Personally, I'd be more than happy with a chalet in Venosc, but I and Mr Lizzard are very boring individuals who like nothing better than to feed the ducks, walk about by the river, pat the donkeys and then get sozzled in front of the fire whilst arguing about the validity or otherwise of Scrabble words. I'm not sure your teenagers would see this as an idyllic way of passing a holiday.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard, thanks, but you have confirmed my fears Sad

They enjoy restaurants, which there appears to be a number of, but still have surprising amounts of energy after a day on the slopes Evil or Very Mad

looks like we may have to drive back in of an evening then Confused
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I wouldn't do it personally. We did it last year (group of 12) and it was generally a pain. Nothing at all in the evenings, difficult drive or 60E taxi up & down and the extra lift (which was itself a reasonable hike from our chalet) and then the walk to the main lda lifts just made every morning seems like a real hassle. The venosc lift puts you at the red bubble lift which is actually not the best entrance point to the slopes ime so you end up spening a long time just "getting going" in the mornings to where you want to be.

I can't imagine it will be a hit with the teens, or anyone who likes their skiing convienient. We were not in the main hamlet though but the one by the campsite which might make a difference.

Sorry Crying or Very sad

aj xx
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
a.j., what's the matter with the red eggs as an entry point to the system? Super Diable chair at the top takes you straight to Toura - seems fine to me.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy