Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Airays luggage allowances...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know if BA are really tight when it comes to storing two sets of gear in one bag?

Just checked on the BA website and it says a snowboard 'set' mustn't exceed 23kg but it says that the definition of snowboarding sets is one board, plus boots and bindings.

Will I be looking at checking in one bag for myself and one for the lady or do reckon we'll get away with doubling up? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Specialman, IME they won't charge you extra for the bag each, i know it is more to carry, but lighter bags are easier to lift... i checked a bag with BA a few weeks back that weighed in at 31.2 kgs Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed the check in staff didn't bat an eyelid Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The last couple of times I've flown with BA they haven't checked what was in the ski bag. We had one bag with one pair adult skis and two pairs of kids skis, and my ski bag had my skis and 3 sets of poles. I'll be flying out to Ruhpolding end of January and will have at least two pairs of skis and several sets of poles (as I've just found how easy carbon poles are to break if you load them in the wrong direction Mad ) so they'd better not check.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've flown with BA before carrying a big bag with boots/luggage, a snowboard bag and a record box with 60ish records in it. My luggage was 35kilos without the board Laughing
I just pulled a funny face when they said it was too heavy and eventually they backed down and let me on.
It seems to be where you fly from, last time I was at gatwick they bitched about my heavy case and made me split it between 2 cases, health and safety issue for the handlers apparantley rolling eyes never had any problems at heathrow bristol or cardiff.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Might get a cheap board bag from Lidl (£10 apparently!!!) just in case they want me to split. BA seem to have really high allowances otherwise, which is top... more make-up for the missis then!!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i usually load all my kit and clothing in to just one large 'coffin box - and is usually there or there abotu with the weight alowance

is it just me or does anyone else get hacked off having to pay extra for a thier ski stuff when this is all they take?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Flew to Geneva from Birmingham with BA last month. No problems at all with 2 pairs of skis in 2 bag (and it weighed a ton).

There is a general limit of 32kg on any one bag - this is not a BA thing it's pretty much everyone.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Two of us take a huge wheelie bag, and a wheelie board bag with 2 boards in it.
Although it looks big - have always had ample on the weight...
If its someone like sleazyjet then we'll pay for 1 ski carriage - and have never yet had anyone ask to check whether its 1 board or 2...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Specialman, there was a thread that tired to summarise all the baggage issues a while back check out http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=455912&highlight=ryanair#455912
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
are the new hand luggage size restrictions still in place? last time i flew carry on luggage could be no bigger than a lap top size - obviouls y not big enough to take your boots as carry on as suggested in the previous thread
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
UPDATE: Got to Terminal 2 at Brum (the BA/KLM bit) and the check inw as well easy... what was i worried about!!!

My board bag weighed 23kg and had two baords, two sets of bindings, a tool kit plus two set of boots, no questions asked. Flew on one of them BA Connect flights on one of those plane the Queen flies about on. Great flight and it was actually quicker than the pilot though (must have been everyone wishing they were there quicker!!!).

Will definitely go with BA (and Crystal Ski) again. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
frostie1861 wrote:
are the new hand luggage size restrictions still in place? last time i flew carry on luggage could be no bigger than a lap top size - obviouls y not big enough to take your boots as carry on as suggested in the previous thread

The new hand luggage restrictions (56x45x25) are still in place (and even if your check-in desk does not enforce them, the security staff most likely will send you back). It is enough to take your boots, but not in a standard boot bag.

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There's a new baggage policy coming in for BA on 13th February 2007, in the middle of the half term holidays - round about the time they are planning on striking

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/bgpolicy/public/en_gb
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
justacey, don't panic!

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/ba6.jsp/sportingequipment/public/en_gb

Quote:

Sporting Equipment
From 13 February 2007, all customers will be allowed to check in their respective free checked baggage allowance PLUS one additional item of sports equipment from the list below.

For Sporting goods items that weigh between 23kg - 45kg (50 - 99lbs) please notify at time of booking or at a minimum of 24 hours before departure. We will not accept oversized items exceeding 2.5m x 1.00m x 0.80m (98in x 39in x 31in).

Snow and skiing equipment
Skis, poles and boot bag allowed
Snowboard and boot bag allowed
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Me? Panic? Nah!
In any case I've invested in some bootbags so they will get slung in the hold for free.
Although do I need skis to go with them? "Skis, poles and boot bag" Puzzled
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy