Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TIGNES Snowheads meeting

Poster: A snowHead
jmdohanlon wrote:
Cathy, Thanks for the reply and the welcome to snowheads. Been reading the posts for a week or so now - lots of good advice and friendly people on these borads. I wish all were as accommodating rther than jumping down people's throats with "you pillock" type replies

You must have caught me on an off day - now pi$$ off! Twisted Evil wink

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 17-01-07 12:30; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cathy, ooh! Cathy that Sarf Lundun charm's lovely Toofy Grin wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin, shut it! Madeye-Smiley wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jmdohanlon, ......Cathy can be contacted via her web site http://www.cathysdungeon.com wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing Laughing

Sad thing was, I even clicked on the 'link' Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stewart woodward, Nice to meet you. It's always strange to meet soneone you "know" off the internet, and I've never yet failed to have completely the wrong image of how someone will look in real life Smile

Mrs NBT seems keen on the espace killy area so we may well drop you a line or two over the next few months. Stay safe Wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ski/Board Hire

If you log onto www.tignes.skiset.com you can prebook your skis,boots,boards etc and just collect once in resort. If you do not prebook you will still get 20% discount in resort. Little Angel Please mention snowHead

Precision ski, Skiset & Snowfun are all trading names of the same company.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stewart woodward wrote:
Ski/Board Hire

If you log onto www.tignes.skiset.com you can prebook your skis,boots,boards etc and just collect once in resort. If you do not prebook you will still get 20% discount in resort. Little Angel Please mention snowHead

stewart woodward, is that only for Tignes or do you think they'd do it for Val D too? Thanks for your efforts on behalf of snowHeads!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
eng_ch wrote:
stewart woodward wrote:
Ski/Board Hire

stewart woodward, is that only for Tignes or do you think they'd do it for Val D too? Thanks for your efforts on behalf of snowHeads!

If you book on line you will be able to get the discount throughout the alps Blush

Discount should also be available in Val D if you visit the shops.Blush
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can anyone say which is the better resort to stay in Tignes? Le Lac or Val Claret. I'm thinking of Apres ski and also access to pistes. Looking at doing a last minute deal with my brother and if we're in Tignes we will come to the Alpaka.

Cheers

BB
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bucking bronco wrote:
Can anyone say which is the better resort to stay in Tignes? Le Lac or Val Claret. I'm thinking of Apres ski and also access to pistes. Looking at doing a last minute deal with my brother and if we're in Tignes we will come to the Alpaka.

Cheers

BB

It depends upon what you want.

All 3 main villages, Le Lavachet, Le Lac & Val Claret, have good access to lifts/pistes and depending upon your descent route blue runs to finish on. Or if you fancy something harder Black into Le Lac.

The Apres ski is varied in each Village so it really depends on what you want. Live music, English bars, French bars, Night clubs, or a quiet restaurant each village has its own selection. A free bus services all the villages 24hrs/day so getting around is pretty easy.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Stewart

Sorry should have been more specific, wrt piste access I've looked at a piste map and I guess for the Glacier Val Claret is the best but apart from that they're all much the same.
WRT apres ski, English Bars and nightclubs was what I was after but if there's a free 24hr bus service then I guess it doesn't matter which village to stay in, assuming that we can hop on at 3.00am and trundle home.

Cheers

BB
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bucking,
le Lac for sure!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Only 2 days to go now Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Flying from Belfast airport on Sat27 with wife, 3 little uns and grown up neice. Staying in LeLac, hopefully will make Alpaka on tuesday, if not before. (A small Irish Wolfhound???? I didn't know there was such a thing)

I have been watching the Snow report thread twice a day and its looking good snowHead snowHead

stewart woodward

Any recommendations for a snowboard instructor? We were in Tignes 4 years ago and TiTi was working in Val Claret.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
big k,

Go to www.tignes.co.uk click on lessons and try Alliance. A new group of brit guys who i have heard good reports about.

c u in the Alpaka. The wolfhound is only 20months old so he is still small Shocked
snow report
stewart woodward wrote:
The wolfhound is only 20months old so he is still small Shocked

Took our deerhound a good 2 years or so to get to full size - height and (lack of) width Smile
ski holidays
Sorry stewart woodward, didn't make it to the Alpaka on Tuesday:- got absolutely hammered on the Monday night and was trying to sleep it off most of Tuesday! Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy