Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're heading off in April to Les Deux Alpes and were originally intending to go on the 14th through Panorama ski, our usual tour op. They always give us a good service and price, but this time they can only offer us the week beginning the 7th of April.
Ideally we would still leave on the 14th of April and I was wondering is there a cheap local bus service from one of the Airports to LDA? Which airport is closest?
Is it easy to book everything independently? We've never tried before and my mum is a little anxious about it. The main criterion is to keep the overall cost down, we don't need luxury, just skiing!

Any info would be great,

Thanks

Ryan
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm sure that easiski will provide you with all the info you need!!

We flew into Grenoble and stayed at Les Lutins - A superbly located hotel that was very good value snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
element, Very easy. first look at the Resort information page on my website. then go to the tourist office website (linked). I always recommend the Lutins (b & B) as it's dead central, very friendly and also cheap. there are other possibilities on the Easiski Specials page including a catered apartment and various Snowheads have apartments to rent here. You can always PM me for more info. Also Johnboy came from NI for the PSB and might be able to help with routes. Little tiger came from Dublin I think.

You can get buses from both Lyon and Grenoble airport (although I'm not sure when they stop). Crystal/thompson will also be here until the end of the season and I think they do Ireland ....

Anyway, you'll be able to find something suitable without any probs, and it should be very good then - quiet and we always get loadsa snow in April! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Charlotte,

We are also trying to get a lead to some accommodation for a group of up to eight in Easter hols / April.

As you know L2A inside out (you identified Les Sagnes from my photos last year ... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=10310&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=moffatross&start=440 ), I hoped you might be able to identify a supposedly Mafiose run bar on the eastern side of the street opposite the bus stop near 'Point D'Information' very close to Place de L'Alpe de Mont de Lans. FWIW, it has a hot-tub on the pavement outside and is next door to a bakers ?

A bit obscure I know but some folks we were chatting with had hired an apartment upstairs which might suit our group.

Glad you're getting some snow now, I've skiied just once this season (at Cairngorm) but things look like they're about to get 'much better' for Scotland in the near future.

Cheers

Ross
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
element, Hi we went to Vaujany at Christmas booked the apartment throuth Peak Retreats, www.peakretreats.co.uk they were very reasonable and the apartment was great. They tend to pick smaller quieter resorts that link to the busier areas. Grenoble is the nearest airport and its about an hour or so, its fine booking independantly and probably cheaper. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, have booked flights for weekend to Grenoble 2-5th March so will consult your website for accommodation too! snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy