Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Somewhere for easter....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Following our successful trip to Les Carroz I now firmly have the skiing bug and am considering trying to get away over the easter school holidays probably around 7th April. Also as the kids have enjoyed the last trip somewhere good for them would be a priority. So my criteria are

- Reasonably snowsure in April
- Something suited to beginners with some good long greens and a few easy blues so we can ski with the kids
- Something reasonably easy to drive to from Calais

Any advice?

Cheers,
Peter
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
high motorway skiing ?

Cervina springs to mind. Motorway (other type) down to Chamonix and then through the montblanc tunnel.

Only thing is, regarding the kids, I'm not sure that all the accomodation is handy for the lifts. So depending on their age and walking capabilities that might be an issue. You may also find that English in ski school isn't as readily available as in France. I've not used them, but someone around here probably has.

Funnily enough, Flaine (where you've just been) isn't fantastically high, but due to its location often has good late season snow. It also has a number of good long blues. But maybe you've already seen enough of it ?

d.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Val Thorens, usually good conditions- dont no about the drive from calais though, distance wise.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
La Plagne is an oft given answer to the "easy blues" question..ticks most of the other boxes as well..
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pendodave, TBH we did not see much (well any) of Flaine as so little was open and it was swamped. Considering Morillon as that has some nice long greens (according to a guy I met on the chair at LC)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
3V, La Plangne, Les Arcs etc I have visited over Easter all been fine - I would also consider them an easy drive. Staying in Dover or Calais night before means an 8-10 hour drive the next day. An early start will see you in the resort mid-afternoon to sort skis, passes etc
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
prthomas, Val d'Isere or more specifically La Daille. I have used the Mark Warner Chalet Toviere a few times in the past with my Son right late into April. It is right opposite the funicular that takes you up to easy green and blue cruisers on Bellevarde from which you can easily connect with Tignes if you are feeling adventurous.

There is plenty of accommodation apart from Mark Warner in this area but you may get a deal with them if you can wait until a week or so before you plan to go.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Head high. The base station should be around at least 1800m. Les Arcs 1800 meets your needs reasonably well. Courchevel 1850 is another option.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've been to La Tania for the past 3 years, good high skiing available in the area, cheaper than staying in Courchevel, and a base station at 1300m that I've been able to ski down to on an open pisted run right up until closing day of La Tania Smile

IMHO the skiing around Courchevel is excellent for beginners, my oldest learnt to ski there, plenty of wide open greens and blues. She even managed the blue back to La Tania after her 3rd week, as well as skiing from La Tania over to Courchevel and back again Smile

Cheers,

Greg
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nazereth?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Crap band
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks all, will take a look at all those suggestions
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We love Morillon and have a place over there. That said, I wouldn't recommend going at Easter.
We visited the last weekend in March last year and travelled daily to Flaine (As was the plan before we went)
The snow in Flaine was great in the morning but slushy after lunch. If it was me I'd be looking as high as I could get for Easter.

Although with the state of thinkgs - Easter may be better than when I go next week!!!

Make sure you report back with where ever you end up! wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy