Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How do they decide what makes a blue run or green run?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Kramer, Something makes me think you might be one of the lucky few to have a Wii at home Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Another double - post something strange is happening today. and Honest I haven't touched a drop! Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
(I tried to drop a hint to someone about getting me a sports-do for christmas, but it was a very vague hint)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AxsMan wrote:
skanky, Ok so what we need is real-time interactive pistemaps, downloadable to your phone or PDA, hopefully incorporating satnav to place yourself precisely on the map and hence tell whether you are about to attempt to ski down a blue, across a red or (as I have done more than once) up a lift Laughing

Yeah, but it would need to know snow depth, snow temperature and density, accident locations, temperature and numbers who have skied down ahead of you. Otherwise its grading might be off.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skanky, While we're wishing can I have one that shows queues for lifts and more importantly bars, oh and which bar's are currently offering happy hour and make good bombardini? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AxsMan, I should think that's be fairly simple compared to the other stuff. Cool
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AxsMan wrote:
skanky, While we're wishing can I have one that shows queues for lifts

You mean like the boards at Whistler do (and a few other resorts)?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kramer, you been on the X-Box again ..?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
beasty1711, Go to ski school. We started skiing 3 years ago and have had 10 weeks of lessons. It is a sport where you see so many skiers that are braver than their ability and imo it is a recipe for disaster.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
AxsMan wrote:
skanky, Ok so what we need is real-time interactive pistemaps, downloadable to your phone or PDA, hopefully incorporating satnav to place yourself precisely on the map and hence tell whether you are about to attempt to ski down a blue, across a red or (as I have done more than once) up a lift Laughing

I did find somewhere already attempting to come up with something along these lines.

Openstreetmap.org are trying to create GPS generated maps of the whole planet available for free. One thing they seem to have recently decided to try and start adding to the maps as well is piste maps and they got part way though doing some mapping in Val Thorens before xmas except the snow cover was pretty bad as the time.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
AxsMan wrote:
skanky, While we're wishing can I have one that shows queues for lifts

You mean like the boards at Whistler do (and a few other resorts)?

Do they fit in your pocket? Do they show where the piste has been scraped bare?
If the answer to either of these is no, then the answer to your question is no. wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
It's been done (for some places)

http://www.sportsdo.net/

Here's the list...
http://www.sportsdo.net/Software/locationPacks.aspx

Sure and have they figured that you can ski in countries other than the USA?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
beasty1711, The runs I have done in the resort and Borgata were pretty tough in comparrison to a "blue" anywhere. That said if you join a ski school you will be taken to places your instructor would feel that you can ski. Join the ski school like you have been advised above and you will have a great time.

Whichever resort you go to will always have something for everyone. Maybe not hundreds of Km's of Greens or blacks for that matter. Dont worry, be happy!!! snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy