Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Parking at Stansted

Poster: A snowHead
I often use the EParking - Mid Stay car park at Stansted (more convenient than the Pink Elephant one and I am usually runing late and need the shortest transfer) and for a long time just paid by taking a ticket and sticking a credit card in the ticket machine on departure and angrily accepted the £13/day fee.

I have just recently realised that parking fees can be almost halved by booking in advance online. Just paid £6.76/day for my next short trip in Feb using these http://www.parking4less.co.uk/stansted_airport_parking.htm (but I expect there are others).

Thought I'd mention it as there may be others paying over the top like I used to.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ray Zorro, I'll resist the laughing smiley - I've been using them for yonks! but have also found that if a member of the AA, their airport parking link is usually cheapest. On occasion, the Easyjet link is cheapest. But I usually use these three, despite maybe searching one or two others. Oh, go on then Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
slikedges, Puzzled where is the AA parking link?

And... how come you have never thought fit to pass this information on?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I vaguely remember someone on snowHeads mentioning parking at a nearby football club was the cheapest for Stanstead Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bishops stortford football club - I always use them. Very prompt and efficient and quicker than the pink elephant thing. I think they may do the full valet parking thing as well.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ray Zorro, sorry, I thought everyone knew! I've never done a search on it but assumed that there had to be loads on airport parking on here. The AA link is http://www.aaparking.co.uk/ Biggest discounts are predictably for more expensive services, eg meet 'n greet 2 weeks at H'row etc
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I consistently find AAParking to be the cheapest for any airport -- as long as one is an AA member.

After the AA discount, they nearly always work out 10% to 20% less than all others I know of.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
slikedges, thanks - just tried it and it only gave meet and greet quotes Confused
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ray Zorro, Puzzled Puzzled I can't say I fly from Stansted very often but it certainly does more than that for other airports!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ashton parker, is the Bishop Stortford Football Club parking still going? I ask because the last few times we've been from Stansted I couldn't find it advertised with the usual parkingforless etc.

P.S. Be careful with the cheap one 'Gateway' it's cheaper but miles from the airport with horrendous waiting times to get picked up if you time it wrong. Used them three times, ok the first time waited about 20mins but subsequent times waited 1hr then 1 1/2hrs respectively. Talking to a group of guys once who waited over 2 hrs! I'm not using them anymore.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Grimsby Ranger, you may be right. I can't find it on the bsfc website although it is mentioned in some of the stanstead parking guides.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Grimsby Ranger, Agreed, I too would definitely avoid Gateway parking. Booked through link with AA in the summer, but had our Ryanair flights cancelled because of the security scares. Friends got quick refund from Pink Elephant but when I telephoned Gateway requesting a refund they were really rude. I wrote a polite letter and they replied saying if I sent another letter they would charge me! I would avoid them at all costs.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not sure if the football club thing is going, I read something in the local paper the other week about only certain companies being allowed to offer airport parking (as authorised by BAA) and the football club wasn't one of them.

Cheapest option I've found is my driveway....then again I live in Bishops Stortford Wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
edde, that is a truly generous offer. Do you offer lifts as well as the free parking? The flight is at 06:30, so we would be with you at about 04:45 - thanks Very Happy .
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ray Zorro, I always use Parking4Less & cn recommend them as I've had to alter my bookings in the past & they've been extremely helpful & not charged an admin charge etc. Their valet parking is also recommended.
snow report
FC car park now closed......so if any of you are booked in there then better change it.

http://www.herts-essex-news.co.uk/news/observer/2007/01/11/illegal%20park%20and%20ride%20shut%20at%20last.lpf

Illegal park and ride shut at last

SIX years after they started trading illegally, operators of the airport park and ride at Bishop's Stortford FC have finally accepted defeat in a protracted legal wrangle with East Herts District Council.

This week, the 500-space parking lot beside Blues' stadium at Woodside Park, off Dunmow Road, is empty for the first time since July 2000 after the gates were locked and barricades went up.

Council enforcement action was issued in January 2003 because the car park is in the Green Belt and did not have planning permission.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy