Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is Banff child-friendly?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been to Banff a few times, but only with other adults.
This year we're taking my nephews (aged 13 & 9)
I wanted them to try Wild Bill's death valley buffalo wings (cruel but funny Toofy Grin ) but couldn't ever remember seeing any kids in there.
Wild Bill's replied to my email question on age restrictions with:
Unfortunately we do not allow minors in our restaurant/bar, we have a gambling facility so at no time can we take anyone under the age of 18 years of age.
This started me wondering if all restaurants and bars have this policy.

My question (finally)
Has anyone taken kids to any of the other restaurants or bars?
Would we be allowed in Bumpers beef house, Earls, The Keg etc.
Or are we doomed to 2 weeks of MacDonalds rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Keg (at the Caribou) is certainly child friendly - there were kids in the when I was there last season. It's in a hotel, after all. Bumpers probably would be, too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Blogg, they have said that they can't have children as they have a gambling facility. As most restaurants don't have this I wouldn't have thought there would be a problem. I'm sure I can remember seeing children in most of the restaurants we went to.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the info.
It's just that the more I thought about it, the more worried I became.
I can't remember seeing children in any of the bars and restaurants.
Possibly just that we usually go out later than most families with children would.
Didn't want to take it for granted that they're all as accessible as in the UK.
Wasn't sure if just having a fruit machine makes it a gambling facility.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We took our kids a while back (stayed at the Travellers Inn). Had a great time and don't remember any restrictions at all.

Just watch out for the cold!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Banff is child friendly; Wild Bill's is one of the few places with age restrictions, although there may be other bars, as opposed to restaurants, which do too. Earls, The Keg and Bumpers are deffo child friendly. We went to Banff for 6 years with kids aged 5 to 15 and the only place I noticed with an age restriction was Wild Bills. A good place for kids, if they're not veggies, is The Grizzly House, which does fondues and hot rocks involving elk, rattlesnake and that sort of thing (as well as more conventional flesh).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers everyone.
I'm sure I've screwed up some part of the planning, but I guess it's not this part.
Well, I've got 4 weeks to sort it out!
Thanks again.
Blogg
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy