Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Haute Savoie - This Sunday SNOW LINE WELL OVER 2000m again!!!!!!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
come on guys I've haddock enough of these gags now Laughing can't you just change your tuna and get back to the problem in hand Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No trout about it, it's run its course.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Halibut I'm sure a few more will be thought of.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Salmon on here will flounder along with another one, you can be sure of that.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hope the season won't be a damp squid
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The whole thing is codswallop, to much hussle for me, eel leave you sharks to it. Sunfish, snowfish but very few angels. Where is the man when you need FISH ??
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anyway, there's some turbot charged punning going on now. While you're all whiting these down though, cod you ask yourselves if the grouper you are getting into bass humour or just mackerel a load of pollocks? I'll get off my lofty perch though and say that I like herring the snapper ones even if my sturgeon has warned about overindulging in them.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
if the weather gets worse ill have to go bow-ling instead!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Current forecast is for snow at 1100 m on Monday in the Haute-Savoie and Savoie
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
excellent snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Everyone please, please, please be as pessimistic & miserable sounding about the conditions as possible so that 1000s get completely put off skiing & then I'll have wonderful empty pistes to share with my friends when I go!! Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
brian, Only post if you know your plaice.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ah, go ahead. Just for the halibut.....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidof, You do not belong on this thread ... it should be re-named ' What I heard in the Pub today' ... folks with knowledge or facts are banned Twisted Evil

Ps same applies to you skanky !!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
davidof,

what is the source of this forecast? do you drink tea?
snow conditions
Tignes meteo is forecasting snow at 1400m on Monday. So if it does melt a little on Sunday hopefully Monday will replace restore/increase snow depths Blush
snow report
LA NUIT PROCHAINE
Pluie faible
ÉTAT DU CIEL (nébulosité) : très nuageux à couvert.
PRÉCIPITATIONS : faibles - débutant en milieu de nuit - limite pluie-neige vers 1800 m, s'abaissant vers 1500 m - quantité attendue vers 1800 m : 10 cm.
VENT - en altitude : W modéré.
TEMPÉRATURE : +1°C.

DEMAIN - DIMANCHE 07 JANVIER
Variable - belles éclaircies l'après-midi
ÉTAT DU CIEL (nébulosité - ensoleillement) : très nuageux en début de matinée - devenant nuageux avec éclaircies - ensoleillement proche de 40%.
PRÉCIPITATIONS : averse possible en début de matinée.
VENT - en altitude : W modéré -> WSW modéré à fort.
TEMPÉRATURE : mini +1°C - maxi +3°C.

LUNDI 08 JANVIER
Passage d'une faible perturbation
ÉTAT DU CIEL (nébulosité - ensoleillement) : peu nuageux le matin - devenant très nuageux à couvert - ensoleillement proche de 30%.
PRÉCIPITATIONS : faibles - débutant en cours d'après-midi - limite pluie-neige vers 1700 m, s'abaissant vers 1300 m - quantité attendue vers 1800 m : 10 cm.
VENT - en altitude : SW -> NW modéré.
TEMPÉRATURE : stationnaire.

PROBABILITÉ JUSQU'AU JEUDI 11 JANVIER 2007
Mardi : variable avec éclaircies - faible risque d'averse - température stationnaire. Mercredi et jeudi : passage probable d'une perturbation active.
Fiabilité de la prévision : assez bonne jusqu'à lundi - médiocre ensuite.

oh look, its warmer than normal for the time of year and there will probably be some snow down to approx 1300m. given this is the latest forecast from Cham Meteo i think 200m difference is probably nothing more than a slight change in the detail wouldn't u say. rolling eyes

Time to take up golf instead NorthwestFace?..... rolling eyes Laughing
ski holidays
skinutter,

Your not exactly the sharpest edge in the hire shop are you........IN ENGLISH Puzzled ....

GENERAL SYNOPSIS
High 1032 hpa, north of Madeira, with ridge 1028 hpa towards Switzerland. Low 1012 hpa, Channel Entrance, moving northeast while deepening. Linked disturbance reaching the Alps towards the evening. Persistent unsettled and fairly mild westerly stream edging the Northern Alps during the forthcoming days

TODAY - SATURDAY JANUARY 06 2007
Fairly sunny - becoming overcast from the west at night
SKY CONDITIONS (cloud - sunshine) : partly cloudy or cloudy with bright sunny spells - becoming mostly cloudy towards the evening - period of sunshine close to 70%.
PRECIPITATION : none.
WIND - ground level : variable light.
- mid mountain : N light -> WSW moderate.
- high mountain : NW moderate -> WSW moderate to strong.
TEMPERATURE : min -4°C - max +4°C - morning inversion towards 1600 m.
ISOTHERM 0°C : 2200 -> 2500 m.
ISOTHERM -10°C : 4000 m.

OVERNIGHT
Light rain
SKY CONDITIONS (cloud) : mostly cloudy or overcast.
PRECIPITATION : light - starting up towards the middle of the night - rain-snow limit towards 1800 m, dropping towards 1500 m - expected snowfall towards 1800 m : 10 cm.
WIND - aloft : W moderate.
TEMPERATURE : +1°C.

TOMORROW - SUNDAY JANUARY 07
Changeable - bright sunny spells
SKY CONDITIONS (cloud - sunshine) : mostly cloudy early in the morning - becoming cloudy with sunny spells - period of sunshine close to 40%.
PRECIPITATION : possible early morning shower
WIND - aloft : W moderate -> WSW moderate to strong.
TEMPERATURE : min +1°C - max +3°C.

MONDAY JANUARY 08
Light disturbance crossing over
SKY CONDITIONS (cloud - sunshine) : partly cloudy in the morning - becoming mostly cloudy or overcast - period of sunshine close to 30%.
PRECIPITATION : light - starting up in the afternoon - rain-snow limit towards 1700 m, dropping towards 1300 m - expected snowfall towards 1800 m : 10 cm.
WIND - aloft : SW -> NW moderate.
TEMPERATURE : steady.

EXTENDED OUTLOOK UNTIL THURSDAY JANUARY 11 2007
Tuesday : changeable with sunny spells - slight shower risk - steady temperature. Wednesday and Thursday : active disturbance expected to cross over.
Forecast reliability : fairly good until Monday - poor thereafter.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skinutter,

I was simply asking where David viewed his forecast. I am sitting here looking at the Meteo france 7 day forecast and the Chamonix Vallaey forecast and see no mention of 1100m on either. I think it is a fair question.

The Meteo france 7 day forecast and cham meteo office are very different at the moment, in my experience Meteo France are more accurate. Intersting to see a new disturbance Wed / Thurs.
ski holidays
NorthWestFace,To quote :--
Quote:

Your (sic) not exactly the sharpest edge in the hire shop are you

davidof, is sufficiently well-acquainted with French snow to know each snowflake by name. His input is based upon living there and being a ski professional rather than incorrect analysis of internet data from a comfy armchair in the UK.
ski holidays
Agenterre,

what's that got to do with skinutter not be the sharpest ski in the hire shop (Humour) Puzzled - on the basis he didn't post an english forecast - catch up!
snow report
NorthWestFace, surely being multilingual probbaly makes him a lot sharper than a lot of us!!! Plus any mug can make out the key details.
latest report
NorthWestFace,

This should make you happy. The temperature on the Grand Motte today at 2.30pm was +1 C Crying or Very sad

The good news is it was -5 C at 3.30pm Laughing
snow conditions
nope i'm not the sharpest edge rolling eyes but i can read enough to work out whats being said...also you'll find they publish the french version first then the anglais version..... Twisted Evil
snow report
NorthWestFace,

Skinutter knows we can all speak French on here, except you, you blunt instrument ! Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Gosh it is looking warm next week Shocked
snow report
beeryletcher wrote:
NorthWestFace,

Skinutter knows we can all speak French on here, except you, you blunt instrument ! Twisted Evil

Do you mean like 'tool'?
snow conditions
NorthWestFace wrote:
davidof,

what is the source of this forecast? do you drink tea?

No I don't drink tea... the source was that multiheaded hydra Meteo France and they seem to be sticking to this forecast. However the Chamonix forecast is a better source for the Mont-Blanc massif which has its own weather systems. Everyone locally is extremly anxious - 1000m will make people happy, 1500m will not be good as the rain will wash out the very thin snow cover at the bottom of the ski slopes. Anyway fine tomorrow then snow on Monday (I hope).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
NorthWestFace,

What is happening Tuesday? Looks like it could be a SCORCHER Sad

Freezing line 2500M ? Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy