Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs - Which Life Pass?

Poster: A snowHead
What's the difference, in terms of ski area covered, between the "Paradiski Unlimited" and "Paradiski Discovery" passes?

Am I too late to buy them online for a departure on 17 Feb?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think one covers only one day in paradiski- the other unlimited. WE ordered around 8th December - got them on 2nd Jan for trip 6th Jan

Lucy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hyweljenkins, Discovery is for 1 day only for the whole domain, and unlimited is as it says on the tin. We went for the Discovery as La Plagne is big enough on its own, but the day trip accross the Vanoise Express is unforgetable. Saturday is the quietest day for a crossing and a great day to tour the whole of the Paradiski.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
hyweljenkins, If you're in Les Arcs, I would suggest that you would be fine with the Les Arcs lift pass - unless you have a desperate urge to get across to La Plangne.

The difference is as gryphea, saiys, one is for one day only the other unlimited.

As regards buying online, I'm sure you'll be fine, try it and see what it says
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hyweljenkins, which has the best resurrection policy?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We spent 7 days skiing purely in Les arcs and didn;t ski everything. DIdn't feel the need to go over to La Plagne.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hyweljenkins, The Les Arcs pass is big enough for anyone to have a great time for a week without using half the area particularly if you're not obsessed with with racking up the mileage (I spent one day on one run alone trying to get down it with a modicum of style . . . and tried the same thing the next day on skis . . . and will obviously have to go back. Take the day trip option as the journey across may warant a taxi home (I don't like cable cars).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque,
Quote:
which has the best resurrection policy?
Toofy Grin

I, too, am more interested in perfecting technique than blagging my way down millions of pistes.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd say the Les Arcs pass is plenty good enough for a week, perhaps with a one day extension to La Plagne if you fancy a long distance trek one day (skiing across to Champagny and being able to see Tignes, Courchevel, Meribel and Pralognan from the same vantage point is an enjoyable day if you're into that kind of thing).

I think the online sales take about 10 days to a fortnight to arrive in the UK (secondhand info from a friend, and that was a pre-season purchase so may be quicker or slower in season).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is there a discount for pre-booking, either for singles or groups?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marc gledhill, not for singles, don't know about groups. Only advantage is that it saves a bit of time when you arrive in the resort - although I've not had to queue for more than a couple of minutes at the ticket offices (but half-term Saturday might be a bit busy).

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 4-01-07 12:00; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar, We'll be there late afternoon and not skiing till the next day, so time isn't a problem.

I just remembered that last year the ticket seller said we could have had a group discount by pre-booking.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Masque, maybe Les Arcs has a night Life pass Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marc gledhill, Theres no discount. Group bookings used to be a bit limited with no discount for groups of less than 20, but I think this year there is a bit more latitude for UK based Tour Ops and sole traders from SMA this year.

hyweljenkins, the main reason for buying the most expensive lift pass in Europe can only be if the snow is poor in Les Arcs - comments welcome from guys on the spot!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Martin Nicholas, Thanks, there's over 20 of us so it could be worth a try.
snow report
boredsurfin, we are talking about hyweljenkins, rolling eyes . . . a need a life pass?
ski holidays
Masque, I think the clue is in the question, Which Life pass.......... Laughing
ski holidays
hyweljenkins, we ordered our pass on line before Christmas & it took 6 days to get to us - that was peisey vallandry, but the paradiski pass.
ski holidays
OK, following on ... ski hire. Any recommendations? I'm tired of all this "premium" guff that tour operators claim to provide, so I want to sort it out myself in resort.

I'll be after something from the K2 * Luv range for Ms hyweljenkins. I looked at hiring them in the UK, but thought it best to do it in resort in case those that we take are unsuitable.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy