Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Passo Tonale

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Passo Tonale?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ssnowman, We stayed in the Orchidea, about 5 mins walk along the one road that is PT. It's a proper road, with cleared pavements so no hassle really. Family run hotel, good food, warm, clean, comfy, nice bar, not lively (it's not a very lively resort). The daughter is an instructor with the ski school and works beind the bar in the evening. We were on a package but you can book direct - Ive just looked up a link and see they now have an English version, which they didn't a year or so ago http://www.hotelorchidea.net/

Failing this, there is a hotel right opposite the lifts at the other end of the road, also used by TO's but I can't remember the name I'm afraid.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ssnowman, We stayed at the Gardenia a couple of years ago. Comfortable and very good food. we were there for the very last week of the season, and could not believe it, but they were actually cleaning the skirting boards with toothbrushes and spending at least 10 minutes polishing each dining chair, so obviously a very clean hotel! I think the hotel that Anniepen is thinking of is the Vittoria which is extremely convenient and with swimming pool. We were put off the idea of this hotel as it has a disco downstairs. Friends stayed there though, and had a good time.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

Stayed in this hotel a few years ago and could not fault it, right dead smack in centre of tonale, food was good, accommodation excellent, right across the road for the lifts.

http://www.sporthotelvittoria.it
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stayed in both Gardenia and Orchidea.

I prefered the Orchidea, but both are fine. Orchidea has nicer views
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies everyone, I was surfing the net last night & getting very confused with mixed reviews of hotels.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ssnowman, i can second rb's suggestion.

we stayed at the sporthotelvittoria and thought it was good value with great food in the ideal location for the lifts
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Orchidea was much nicer - very friendly, nicer room and food was better too.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Once again thanks to everyone. I've emailed hotels & am awaiting response.

I now need 3 rooms as 2 friends also want to join me, with their sons. Could be a fun trip, as all the boys will be first-timers.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hav to agree with rb,the http//sporthotelvittoria.it was super especially the location ( across the road from main lift) got super deal for half board accom and lift pass
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ssnowman, Let us know where you decide on snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Anniepen, will do, I've had a reply from The Gardenia, but am still waiting on the other two.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've stayed at the Vittoria twice and you cant fault it, happy hour 4 til 5 excellent value. Also stayed at the Miramonti, which was also very nice but of the two it would have to be the Vittoria.
Now that the cable car for the glacier is the on the this side of the road the resort really is top notch, and the link to Ponte down the road really does open up some lovely runs. After 3 weeks here I'd have no hesitation going back for a fourth. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ssnowman, It's a good place to learn - my instructor there a few years ago was excellent and the resort is pretty compact - your boys will have a great time.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I stayed at Hotel EDEN last year. Good food, basic but nice, would go again!
latest report
The Vittoria is an excellent Hotel in terms of location, food and entertainment. Stayed there last year and loved it.
latest report
Pebble; Brooksie What TO did you use and where did you fly from? I looking for somewhere for 28th Jan.
ski holidays
Flew from Bristol twice and from Gatwick once, TO Crystal, last year, times before Thomson, not that it makes much difference I think they are the same mother company. Defo the Vittoria, its health spa is awesome as well. Shocked
snow conditions
harryok525, Neilson also go there.

snowHead
snow report
Have now booked Sporthotel Vittoria, thanks to everyone for helping me decide.

We are going the first week in April.
ski holidays
ssnowman, who are you going with or have you arranged it yourself?
ski holidays
I've arranged it myself. It's been a while since I used a TO.

I booked Easyjet flights to Malpensa, I'll hire a car & drive to the resort, and I've booked the hotel direct.

Cost per person, based on 4 people, will be approx £440.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 10-04-07 19:25; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
We stayed in 'Top Residence' a fortnight ago.
Basic accommodation - but offers ski in/out.
Has a swimming pool and a gym and is right on the piste.
ski holidays
Thanks to everyone for their advice. We returned on saturday night after an excellent week. Snow was good, much better than I was expecting.

Hotel was very good, nice food, clean, comfortable & friendly, helpful staff.

My son had four, one hour long private snowboard lessons during the week, and by Friday, he was doing jumps.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed the resort, as I wouldn't normally consider a smaller resort such as this.

This was one of the best ski/snowboard holidays I've ever had and I think we'll be returning next year, possibly with my wife, who hasn't skied for 10 years and my 5 year old son who'll be skiing for the first time.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy