Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone in Pila?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading off there next week (11th) for a lads trip. wondered if anyone was out there and could comment on conditions (which look good on the webcams) snowHead Thanks in advance for any info Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AxsMan, I was heading there between Christmas and NY and was watching the webcams like a hawk. Like you thought that they gave good views, but in fact only about 7 runs in total were going to be open (3 blues and 4 reds) and none of the top runs.

I changed to Cervinia instead at the last moment.

From the website, it doesn't look like much more is open now Sad , but it does look like it is snowing, so I really hope that more is open for when you go.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Ray Zorro, I thought I remember you were going. Two of the guys coming with me are first timers so as long as the Baby Goraz and Grimod are open (they are at present) we'll be fine. Conditions do appear to be improving so I'm optimistic. How was Cervina?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AxsMan, We had a great time, thanks, Cervinia was a really good option for us and there was plenty of quality snow on the pistes. My kids love the bumps and jumps and getting mileage under their belts (but then don't they all) and it worked on all those counts. No off-piste available, but more than enough to keep us amused.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well back from 3 days skiing this weekend in Pila and conditions were - Excellent! snowHead

Just about all the runs were open, and had good cover, the lower pistes were mostly artificial but the upper runs had reasonable depths and the pisteurs did a great job of refreshing things every morning. Weather wise the hot spell provided a face tanning bonus, and thermal underwear was NOT required. The two guys who were beginners really enjoyed the gentle slopes of the Grimod, and my instructor mate (ex military) took me down Couis2 (a very dark red) with only minimal terror and a single change of underwear required.

In short, while a bit more snow would have been nice, (and needed soon, but fortunately forecast), it was the best trip so far this season. Didn't take many pics as too busy having fun, but here's a shot that shows the lower stretch of Grimod, note the absence of grass, rocks and other skiers Very Happy

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great Pic, Fantastic for some big carving, smooth as...... Shocked
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy