Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lauda Air?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there... We are heading to Innsbruck next week. Just wondering if anyones flown with Lauda Air before and how they rate them?

Cheers....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are they still going?

Flew with them about 10 yrs ago....Manchester to Innsbruck if I remember correctly. AFAICR, they were pretty standardly okay.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Elizabeth B wrote:
Are they still going?

Flew with them about 10 yrs ago....Manchester to Innsbruck if I remember correctly. AFAICR, they were pretty standardly okay.

Must be.... you make it sound like they should have went out of business years ago.. Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry...didn't mean to give that impression...just that I hadn't heard them mentioned recently.

As I said, they were okay. No better, no worse than most airlines.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cool, thanks.. I have a nervous passenger with me and haven't heard of them before so was just getting some info before we headed off.... Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dingdong, Best not mention this then wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The flight into Innsbruck is pretty spectacular as you get quite close to the mountains.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
dingdong, Best not mention this then wink

lol... I saw that.. I just get the better half to sit on the right and I'll sit on the left!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dingdong, did fly with them to innsbruck 5 years ago .. seemed fine .. actualy remeber having metal cuttlery to eat meal with ,, cant imagine you will get a metal knife now though ,,
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Flew Lauda Air from Bournemouth to Innsbruck last year - no problems at all - comfortable leather seats, and a meal a touch above what you normally get - hope your flight is as good as mine was!

However with a nervous flier, do make sure they don't have the window seat for the the descent into Innsbruck! Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dingdong, They are part of Lufthansa group and so to are Austrian Airlines so expect the quality to be consistently good across all 3. I used to fly them a lot when they were owned by Niki Lauda and they always impressed. (Mr Lauda went off & started lo-cost carrier Niki). The Innsbrick flight is actually an Austrian Airlines flight operated by Lauda and the planes have been specially equipped for the route. Best route they ever did was the Gatwick-Salzburg on a 50 seater Canadair Regional Jet... genetically gifted stewardesses in Levis, champagne all the way and no riff raff - bit like a private jet but only £180... often had to leave skis behind though.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bode Swiller, genetically gifted stewardesses in Levis... other brands are available Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dingdong, I flew with Austrian Airlines to Australia last year and the return flight was on a Lauda Air jet - I think that when Austrian Airlines took them over they didn't rebadge all the aircraft. The Lauda Air jet was much plusher and more comfortable. The hosties still wear tight red trousers though
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Austrian is quite a good airline, but I much preferred lauda prior to the buy-out. Lauda flights had a very relaxed, friendly atmosphere about them. Under Austrian (and Lufthansa), they are a bit more regimented.

ps: Sad to see that Austrian will abandon its Australian route at the end of March. Was very convenient - fly to Innsbruck via Vienna, no extra charge for skis, virtually no sitting around waiting for connections...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy