Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet Les Sorbiers Les 2 Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads

Just got a good deal on the chalet for the end of Jan. The only thing is that the chalet appears to be right on the edge of town and it might be a rush in the morning to get to Ski School.

Does anyone know if the ski bus starts early or is there a lift you can get so that you can traverse across to the ski school meeting place.

Happy New Year
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where did you get it from? The place sounds familliar but I dont know why! Never been to les 2 Alpes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
john w, I think that chalet is above the Petit Plan area. If so you have a couple of choices: you can get the bus which starts at 08.30 I think, but from there you have to change buses at the "Point I"; or you can ski down (assuming snow) to the Petite Aiguille chiarlift and thence ski across to the town centre. I assume you're talking about the ESF?? There are a number of ski schools and some meet in different places. Is the chalet First Choice?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Easiski

Yes the chalet is First Choice. In the brocure they do say that you have to take two buses, that was why I was wondering if you could ski across. I assume it will be ESF.

I have managed to find last years piste map and the chalet does look fairly close to the petite aiguille lift. Hopefully by the end of Jan there should be some snow.

John
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
john w, Shame that you booked with the TO as there are a number of schools here including many that are better and with smaller classes - First choice make a lot of money on selling ski lessons, and book instructors rather than put you in regular ski school. I've seen 15-16 in First Choice classes, and it's not the ESF's doing! they work on 60 students = 5 instructors ... People almost never neatly divide into groups of 12 do they? Still, it's a quiet time and you could easily be lucky, and there are some really good teachers in the ESF - but mostly they work hard to avoid working with the big TOs!

Petite Aiguille will take about 5 mins from your chalet so long as you can plough and turn, lift is about 5-10 mins and ski back to the centre of town is around 10 mins from there (all conservative timings). Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
if its the same chalet as I think, we went there on the first year it opened, its quite a trek on the normal blue run back. There is a second option where the green traversing run meets the mogulled black (your two choices down off the left hand mountain) back through the built up area which arrives just below the chalet. the first choice rep kept the skiis in the garage whilst we were there so we sericed our own boards and rental skiis. The hot tub was excellent in the evening watching people returning and the sun setting. Quite a hike for a beer in the eve though. we bought in a drank in the chalet.

Finally, in the morning we hiked down the hill about 50 yds and got on the (very hard packed) blue in the morning down to a 4 man chairlift, ready for the 30 min lift up the mountain.

Great place though, and best acommodation we have ever had on a ski hol. Hope you have a great time. snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy