Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs Report

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well just got back from weeks holiday in Vallandry. Despite all the gloom and doom merchants, there was snow and plenty of skiing to be had. Ok conditions weren't the greatest and there were one or two bare spots but generallly was fine - very similar to late season skiing.

Praise to the piste bashers who did an excellent job of maintaining the runs.

Skiing was possible down to Les Arcs 1800 and also to Vallandry, although the nervous may prefer the lift late in day.

More snow is needed though
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the snow is on its way apparantly,fingers crossed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I thought it was good cover while i was tehre in 1950 best snow was over in 2000 but there was some good skiing over vallandry/peisey and 1800 areas

there was even some skiing to 1600 although it was definately limited

didnt make it over to la plagne but it didnt look awful from plan peisey
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What are the conditions like in 1800 and above? I'm due to be our there last week in Jan and am a bit concerned to see the freezing level at about 2/3000m over the next week. Anyone have a forecast for the next week?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scooter, I am out for a week on 27th Jan also and have similar concerns - though I don't rate the accuracy of any forecasts further than 3 to 4 days out, if the next weeks charts are to be believed, it looks incredibly warm to me with freezing levels up at 3000m and above at times Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Let's keep everything crossed and hope the conditions are good. Why is it that I worry about forecasts when they are usually wrong Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scooter, Scooter, I think you'll have a great time. As posted, was good skiing over Christmas and they have had a few days of snow since then. I'm willing to swap my week at work for your week Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm flying out next Friday to Peisey so fingers very firmly crossed - the current forcasts are way to warm
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
just come back from 1800. The recent snow has covered almost all pistes but there are some (usually) black runs closed cos of wind. The local forecast is for more snow for all of this coming week. probably most days will have poor visibility.
All the runs to the resorts will be covered so the skiing should be good. I personally think that the piste grooming was a bit poor compared to ,say val d'isere, so expect a few rough areas.
all in all you should be able to ski where u want on good snow. It was a bit icy where there was a lot of lower level traffic.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have just returned from 2000. We had a good week, not the best of weather though as a few days were windy and blizzardy with the higher lifts closed. On Friday we had a fantastic day on the reds/blacks/off piste from the Lanchettes lift as not many people had gone up there. We ended the day getting the last bubble up to Aigulle Rouge and the snow on the way down was gorgeous.

The main problem was lift closures, we were stranded one day when Arpette closed early and had another dull day's skiing when only 4 lifts in Arc 200 opened restricting us to a zillion runs up and down Marmotte. On the plane home we reckoned that it still needs another large dump to sort out some of the lower areas but there's plenty of skiing to be had assuming the current snow holds.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The daughter has just returned from a week in Les Arcs (staying in Vallandry or Peisey or somewher) and after some snow early on had an excellent week (and won the 'most considerate skier' prize in her school party for helping fallers up; no sign of any consideration being shown to her ageing parents, of course).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy